New Solus Card Test

A

arraknid

Having a spare digibox with a Series 1 card registered to a known UK address, I decided to test the website http://www.free2view.tv

First, I did the online thing, entered the original serial/postcode details, paid by Visa card on a French bank, and sent it to a new address in UK. Result was a new card within 4 days!! Of course the old card was shut off immediately.

Second, I called the number shown from France, using a landline, ordered the new card quoting the same french Visa details, and had it sent to the same UK address. Result was a new card delivered in 5 days.

Both cards have been sent out to me now and both work in any box without any activation needed.

Hopefully, the above will prove helpful to anyone still having doubts about updating.

Bottom line, don't believe all of the rumours that abound on this subject!!

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Its not quite clear,regarding the second card,is it a new user card,so no previous card details needed,or did you just repeat the same info but this time by phone not internet.............brian

gensavage

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Series 1 card was shut off as soon as I applied online,the series 2 card arrived at a UK address within 4 days,was sent out to me in Spain and arrived yesterday,just 2 days later. It works OK,I tried it in 2 different boxes and it's OK in those,required no activation at all.

I told a friend in the UK that has 3 boxes out here,he called the number rather than apply online,same for him,the new cards arrived within a few days and he is sending them out to me to test his systems,but at the moment all seems OK.

This could have been done a few months ago for £23.50,every card holder would have willingly paid to avoid any viewing problems!

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
My Point is this.....and nobody has confirmed this yet.....if you order a card by phone and your digibox does NOT have a card,when your card arrives it authorises itself...yes or no...please no guesses,only if you have done it yourself...........brian

gensavage

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
We will know soon,my friend in the UK ordered 3 cards by phone rather than the website,these will be replacement cards and be sent to me to test in his boxes,but he also ordered a spare card in case of loss of one,so this will be a spare card without a box. He wants it authorizing and kept as a spare for any of his 3 digiboxes,can this be done without it being married to a box?

A

arraknid

dishdoctor said:
My Point is this.....and nobody has confirmed this yet.....if you order a card by phone and your digibox does NOT have a card,when your card arrives it authorises itself...yes or no...please no guesses,only if you have done it yourself...........brian

The second card was ordered quite independently of the first. Ordered by phone, no serial number given, no box details, just an address and Visa details. They didn't even ask if I had a box!! Result, a working card.

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
According to a report from another source,the telephone operator at the free2view.tv no card line said that the new card for a cardless box will need to be authorised over the phone,and gave the number to call,which off hand i do not remember...........brian

A

arraknid

dishdoctor said:
According to a report from another source,the telephone operator at the free2view.tv no card line said that the new card for a cardless box will need to be authorised over the phone,and gave the number to call,which off hand i do not remember...........brian

I was told the same, but it wasn't necessary.

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
My post 7 was written before i read post 6,and so it seems that all cards auto authorise......thanks....brian

cos32

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Cyprus
dishdoctor said:

I also ordered a viewing card for a NEW box and yes it does need
to be authorized by phone just as it used to be done with the MK1
cards.

I had to phone them twice the first guy
just asked for the viewing card number, I waited for 6 hours with no luck
then phoned them up again, this time a lady answered
she asked for the version No and Serial No of the box.
Activation was almost immediate.

One other thing if anyone is interested if you put your card into another
Digibox and you go to premium channel it still reports that
it is the wrong set top box.

RogerP

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes I can confirm that a new card for a cardless box needs to be activated, mine arrived yesterday morning (Saturday) and has been in the box ever since, but ITV,C4 & C5 are still unavailable. I phone the call centre 08700 500 744 but they only work Monday to Friday 9am - 9pm. The card is identical to the previous yellow house cards (in another box) except for the phone number on the back. The letter that came with the card is headed "Sky Subscriber Services Limited".

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I tried the site today (Monday 10/11/03) and it's up and running EXCEPT for the page "Request New Card Now" which is not available.

I still think £23.50 is a rip-off considering what we paid before. I have 4 cards to service and I'll bet there's no discount for quantity.

PaulR

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
PaulR said:
I still think £23.50 is a rip-off considering what we paid before. I have 4 cards to service and I'll bet there's no discount for quantity.
PaulR

LOL, yes, but anything is expensive compared to nothing PaulR. :)

mayflower

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
corfu
i ordered a card on the internet site, for a box registered in the uk, with all the correct details. new card arrived in 5 days. unfortunately original box married to original card has been defunct for some time, so i put card in different box, previously married to a different card (not reg. to me) and all seems fine

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Was the card number you used for the new card, in the box just before you put the new card in,so the old card and new card matched........or did you take out the unknown card and put the new card in.........brian

Speedbird

Reaction score
Re cardless sky box.
Can anyone confirm if first time card is ordered
and put in new box an activated by phone from UK
will card work in box it is activated in.
(Or will it work in any box)
I am interest in trying it in Box in ROI.
Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Should work in any box Speedbird.