New Swires "Annie" spectum released shortly

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
http://www.swires.com/pdf/annie204ds_prov.pdf

Looks like a really nice tool, with large colour display and picture capability for both digital satellite and terrestrial. Only pitfall as far as I can see is the lack of DiseqC control, but at only £1,400 (that's what they indicated at Mediacast), then it could become a must have for the Aerial and satellite installer.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
rolfw said:
http://www.swires.com/pdf/annie204ds_prov.pdf

Looks like a really nice tool, with large colour display and picture capability for both digital satellite and terrestrial. Only pitfall as far as I can see is the lack of DiseqC control, but at only £1,400 (that's what they indicated at Mediacast), then it could become a must have for the Aerial and satellite installer.

Looks a great bit of kit Rolfw. Santa, I'll help you on your round if you could only..... ;)

Llew

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
if you could only..... ;)

Peel back the roof on the Swires factory on you way past.

Yes Llew what a lovely little bit of kit. :)

L

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well as you probably know, I bought one of these last year and find it a nice tool. Still prefer my Satlook NIT for satellite work, but it is superb for aerial and system work, the lack of line power for the UHF side has now been addressed and they have added a composite video input, I have yet to send mine back for updating. :)

Promax have brought out the TV Explorer, similar in size to the Swires unit, but with NIT (which the swires doesn't have), I've seen one in the flesh and it looks like a very nice unit. TV Explorer