New system, advice wanted

rturner99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
UK
Hi all,
I have been having a read on the forums with a view to getting a motorised sat system (currently have Sky) and was after your advice for the dish and lnb. The idea was to get a system for the football (digitalb) but thought I would spend a bit extra on a motorised sat system and have a play so to speak.

I have decided on a technomate 1500 and technomate motor but am undecided on the dish and lnb. Ideally I would like no bigger than a 90cm dish a matching lnb colour wise (I have been told it has to match!).

I am in Cambridgeshire if that helps to decide for a particular make of dish and lnb (performance wise).

Your thoughts would be a great help.

Thanks
Richard

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi Richard,
welcome to the forum.
The first thing we will have to know is where you need to site your dish, a wall mounted system, or if you can have a ground mounted system.
To get the most from a motorised system I would recommend you look to receive all satellites between 30 degrees West to 42 degrees East, this will give you a lot of viewing options, for now and the future.
Your current S*y dish is pointed at 28.2 degrees East, which will give you a focal point, if you stand behind the dish, facing where its pointing, to your right is West, hopefully this will help you work out where best to position your dish.
A good quality 90 cm dish will get you nearly everything on offer, but for some feeds a larger dish might be required. Current planning permission allows up to a 1 Metre dish, but check with your local council for local rules, you should be able to find this information on their web site.
Please post back with where you need to site the dish as this will aid in getting you the right system, motor, dish, brackets and pole.

rturner99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
UK
Hi,
The dish is going to be pole mounted on the side of the house above the roof but below the ridgeline so its facing south.
Thanks