New system cant get bbc or itv why?

Loury777

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+ 90cm dish
My Location
Birmingham
Hi as a newbie i am having trouble setting up. i am using a technomate 1500 CI+ with a 90cm dish i have set it up in the right direction and managed to get good quality. However i can get german dutch italian arab channels but not English, no bbc or ITV its doing my head in any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
With that variation you are on either 13 Degrees East or 19 degrees East
you need to swing the dish further towards the East

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You are pointing at the wrong satellites! You are probably aligned onto 13E Hotbirds or possibly the 19E Astra 1's instead of the Astra 2's at 28E.

EDIT - Damn - need to type faster!

Loury777

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+ 90cm dish
My Location
Birmingham
Many thanks to Topper and Analoguesat you set me on the right path and now all is well, I have all the bbc and itv programs i wanted. it's the usual story once you know what to do its easy but when you don't know!! many thanks again. regards Lou

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Loury777 said:
Many thanks to Topper and Analoguesat you set me on the right path and now all is well, I have all the bbc and itv programs i wanted. it's the usual story once you know what to do its easy but when you don't know!! many thanks again. regards Lou

Glad you are sorted, but I recommend you have a look at all the satellites on the arc, don't restrict yourself to the BBC:eek:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Loury777 said:

Great to hear you are sorted - well done :) As is often the way you just needed a gentle push in the right direction.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
P4 laptop
P4 desktop
Panasonic Sky IRD
My Location
Yate
This was my reason for joining the forum as well, I managed to point my dish at the wrong satellite and after a few days of patiently talking me through loads of different things, the people on this forum sorted me out.

top job everyone.