New system

garrick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
TOSIBIA HDD/dvd freeview recoder combi .
FTA 28e & 13e satellete system
My Location
Blackpool, Lancashire, England
Hello there, i'm a bit new to satellite systems and iam looking for a system that can stand the storms coming into Blackpool off the Irish sea. The reason is that the only dishs that survive round here are either $ky minidish or industrial models mounted on banks and betting shops
icon4.gif

Can anyone surgest a system which can recieve FTA channels from different satellites either Multi-feed dishs or motorised systems. There appears to be dishs of all sizes from the flat plate to 3.5meter dishs.

Can anyone help please

GARRICK

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Garrick, we have more than one member in your area and they seem to survive with their dishes, not sure what they use though.

Your dish size and whether it is multifeed or motorised will obviously depend on what you wish to watch, you'll have to decide that first.

garrick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
My Location
rolfw said:
Hi Garrick, we have more than one member in your area and they seem to survive with their dishes, not sure what they use though.

Your dish size and whether it is multifeed or motorised will obviously depend on what you wish to watch, you'll have to decide that first.
I'm thinking of receiving the FTA from Astra1, 2 and Hotbird with secondary services from the Eutelsat W1, W2 and W3. Sirius and Thor would be nice
icon6.gif

I welcome any ideas please

GARRICK

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like a motor would be pretty much the order of the day, particularly as I'm sure that you will hunger for more once set up. :) A 1 or 1.2m dsh would probably be the best size and a heavy duty 36v motor to drive it with appropriate receiver. You can either use a receiver with a built in positioner, or a DiseqC receiver and a unit called a V-Box to interface between the receiver and the motor.

garrick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
My Location
If i install of 1 or1.2m dish will i need to buy an industrial version to cope with the weather round here?

GARRICK

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, or at least a heavy duty model, will look up a link for the motor.

You can protect it fairly well with grease etc, so the salt air shouldn't kill it. :)

garrick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
My Location
rolfw said:
Yes, or at least a heavy duty model, will look up a link for the motor.

You can protect it fairly well with grease etc, so the salt air shouldn't kill it. :)
If i was to go for a fixed multifeed dish of i or1.2m, how many satellites and in which areas on the extention bracket?

GARRICK

mrgadget39

Reaction score
hi from canada:) i know a fella that made a slide arm bracket he just marked bracket sat location on it and how he got the dish to skew while i have to go look at that again lol anyways don,t know if work down ur way but kinda big thing here anyways but kinda pain in butt at -30 when ya want to move it and snow brrr

later dudes

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Hi Garrick

In your situation I would be inclined to opt for the fixed dish vaiety, such as the toriodal 1.2m , sometimes badged with the Force logo.

West England is prbbably not the best place to receive Sirius, so dont get your hopes up for this satellite, but the rest should come in OK from Blackpool.

Ive installed a couple of actuator drive dishes near there before now, and the motor usually ends up being replaced on a yearly basis, and these were heavy duty ones, costing more than the dish. (but they were 1.5m in diameter)

garrick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
Hi Garrick

In your situation I would be inclined to opt for the fixed dish vaiety, such as the toriodal 1.2m , sometimes badged with the Force logo.

I was unaware that there was 1.2m toriodal dish on the market!