New to all of this - Fortec Star

noley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
new to this
My Location
Scotland
Hi there,

I've heard that in Maplin's (others I am sure) I can buy a Fortec Star which comes with a dish etc. and I can view HD and formal channels. Great but I'm new to this and have a few questions;

1 have a Sky dish on my house (from previous owner) and it's all cabled through to the house, bedroom and other room. Can I use this dish with the Fortec Star and maybe buy a sat finder to tune it up ?

Aside from the stuff available on freeview & freesat, what else can I get access too (paid or free). Can I get a cam for setanta sports to work on this box ?

p.s. if the sky dish cannot be used can the cable ? It might save re-routing sat cable when it's already in place and nice and neatly..

Thanks in advance.

Rory :-rofl2

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, you could use your existing dish, but you would be very limited to what you could potentially view. It is either the FTA channels or the Sky encrypted ones, which are easiest got with a Sky Digibox and a necessary Sky subscription/viewing card. Setanta also requires a Sky Viewing card.

I have heard that the Sky encrypted channels can also be watched using a Sky viewing card mated with a Diablo CAM, but this is not without problems.

For the greatest choice a motorised dish is the best option, also you may wish to consider a Technomate receiver, they do a HD version.(TM6800 or 6900).

Another package worth considering is DigitAlb on 16E, if you like football.

You should be OK with the existing cable, as long as it is satellite quality double screened. Benchmarked cables such as wf100 are better.

Robbo:)

noley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
new to this
My Location
Scotland
Hi Robbo,
Thanks for the detailed reply. So, if I get rid of the old sky dish and put another up can I use the existing cable that's already in place ?

Rory

Robbo71 said:
Yes, you could use your existing dish, but you would be very limited to what you could potentially view. It is either the FTA channels or the Sky encrypted ones, which are easiest got with a Sky Digibox and a necessary Sky subscription/viewing card. Setanta also requires a Sky Viewing card.

I have heard that the Sky encrypted channels can also be watched using a Sky viewing card mated with a Diablo CAM, but this is not without problems.

For the greatest choice a motorised dish is the best option, also you may wish to consider a Technomate receiver, they do a HD version.(TM6800 or 6900).

Another package worth considering is DigitAlb on 16E, if you like football.

You should be OK with the existing cable, as long as it is satellite quality double screened. Benchmarked cables such as wf100 are better.

Robbo:)

john_m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600, Sky Digibox, NTL
It depends on the state and age of the cable, try it and see.

Linkin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star sateelite router setup
My Location
kuwait
I've fortec star sattleite can sum wun help me how can i update my software version through internet directly .. whats the code

Narc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FORTEC STAR Passion +
CAS 3 Prog. Diablo V2.3
My Location
UK
Can any of you offer advise on how to get my Diable 2.3 card working. I have underworld version 1.37 on the diable, but cant seem to get ALL the channels up. Dish is pointing to Astra 19.2E.

I have enabled all the CAS sections to ON, on my Passion, and chosen 1-emu 2-cards.

And under Configuration I have Auto PMT ON, Emulators ON, N2 AU ON, Fixed CW OFF.

:-rofl2

Can anyone advise?