New to all this - please help

SatNewbie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello all - need of urgent help please.

I have just had an Echostar AD-3600 IP Viaccess motorised system installed and just bought a VX4Fun programmer with a gold wafer card and VX Cardmaster software v.7.0. I also have an IRDETO Cam.

I was told to go to Phillsfiles.com and download a Hex file. Then point the Cardmaster software to this Hex file and run Program. Then I was told to insert the card into the Cam and then into the reciever. This would then unlock locked tv channels.

I've downloaded this file "irdeto[1].gw.gal.pg.cardmanie.zip" from Phills' site. There are three hex files in this file and I've tried pointing the software to all three, one by one. The programmer and software seems to be programming the card. However when I tried using the gold card, it does not seem to unlock any channels.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Am I using the wrong zip file? Which hex file am I suppose to use? And what channels on what satellites will this unlock? Please, please help me?

Thanks in advance:confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Haven't used that programmer, but find the pic file and Eeprom file (this may be called cardmanie) and load them into the appropriate places. Once loaded you should press the program button.

It should open the channels listed in the read-me file

Premiere World OK
MediaVision OK
C+NL OK
Streeam OK
Galaxie sport OK
Private Gold OK

PS. moving this to cards and programmers.

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Not 2 sure if VX4FUN is just (wot it says on the TIN) Big R.
And dont do goldwafers, i tried the old Vx funcard programmer
and that did (but who knows) plus you had to be EINSTEIN to use it. DAVE.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Start off with C+Ned on 19.2 E and that will at least give you an idea whether the card is working, then you can have a browse through www.lyngsat.com and see what channels are available in irdeto 1 encryption. Private Gold is on 16E.

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Burnt Chips,
The VX4Fun is able to program all known cards at the mo. Including gold, silver,. Take a look at the VX web site.
www.vxtools.com

SatNewbie
In the cardmaster software click create new project,
Select gold card
For code file select the downloaded Pic Hex file...****pic**.hex
For the eprom file select the downloaded eprom file ***Cardmanie AU**.Hex

Then program.
Try other Irdero Files from phils too. Like STRSH or Satkoos

nobbly

SatNewbie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Nobbly,

Thanks for your advice, however I still have no luck. I've now tried satkoos and strsh downloads on my gold card with no luck as well.

In the readme file for strsh is says:

PIC_V35.hex is for the PIC 16F84.
xxxxxafile.hex (bin) is for 24c16

-Programm PIC with winphoenix loader
-Programm EEPROM with xxxxxxafile.bin(hex)
-Programm PIC with PIC_V35.hex

What's the winphoenix loader for? Are you meant to load this first before doing anything else?

Thanks in advance. :confused

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
winphoenix loader was used in the old days when there was no built in loader. Don't worry about that now. the cardmaster software has a built in loader.
Just choose pic and eprom file.

If the card is ok I don't know why yours is not working.
Stupid question but have you got your card in upside down?

nobbly