new to digital

chambo

Reaction score
Hi There
Being new to digital satellite tv(not sky)I've been very lucky and been given a echostar ad300ip.Please could someone help me with a few questions

1. I have the receiver set up for hotbird and serched for all the FTA channels but there still seems to be some of them missing.Can I put the channels in manually or has this receiver not got this function to do this as I don't know were to look
2. Being analog/digital receiver can I only view one or the other.
3. I plan to get a diseqc switch so I can few a couple of other satellites ok I know I can have it motorized but that will be sometime in the coming year.It says I need a loop through cable would this just be a piece of coax with f connecters or is it somethink else I need.
4. Or shall I just bin it and get somethink more up dated(only joking)

regards,Chambo

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hi Campo, You say there are some channels missing, how many have you been able to get so far.
Also what size dish are you using ?

chambo

Reaction score
hi

the LNB which i'm using at the moment is a grundig uni the grey type not sure about the .db which i've had for about 4 years.At the moment my dish is pointing at hotbird and some of the channels which did not appear were 11785H,11515H etc.I'm now wondering if I haven't got my dish set up correctly as I don't have a signal meter.The signal I get is between 58 & 72 %.Tomorrow i'm awaiting a delivery of a monoblock uni 0.3db and i'm hoping this may resolve things
regards,Paul

prof

Reaction score
My Location
In the spare room.
Hi chambo,
Just manually input (yes you should be able to.)the missing frequencies, then they should be stored in your receiver,
I had the same problem with my echostar dsb 808.