New to Dreambox

rickyboyg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
London, UK
Ive had a look at a load of threads on here and couldn't find the info I wanted so i'll ask for your advice direct.

I currently have Sky and am paying £54 a month for all the channels. Since going to Portugal and watching nearly all the premiership games on a SATURDAY via the dreambox, I am very interested in buying one.

I am very computer literate, but quite low on the geek-ometer so go easy.

I'd just like to know which dreambox I should buy and what type of satellite dish is best to have. I'd prefer to buy a newer model and pay out the money and learn slowly rather than an older one just to get used to how it all works.

Any help would be much appreciated, Thanx.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Welcome to the forum. Dreambox, a good choice. But, just to make sure you know this: You cannot watch SKY without a legal card, so you will have to continue with your subscription. It is true that some channels of some provides are currently open, and that means that you can watch some PL games for free, but that may change tomorrow or soon after. So having a dreambox is no substitute for a legal card.
However, the Dreambox is s splendid receiver, and if you got the time and enthusiasm you can have a lot of fun, and most of the information is in the "Idiot Guide" .
What Dreambox you might want to buy depends purely on how much cash you got. If you got the cash, buy the latest model including a hard drive. If you got a good location for a large dish with a motor, even better.
Give us some more details