New to motorised dish - football

iansat

Reaction score
I currently have a sky digibox, an old mesh dish (70x60cm) and a universal lnb which allows me to watch FTA channels.

I would like to view english premiership football and understand that the best way to do this is via a motorised dish.

Please would somebody give me an overview of the equipment I would need and/or links to useful explanations and/or recommendations.

I live in Switzerland (no jokes about Swiss referees please!) and not sure if this affects the size of dish needed or whether I could use my existing dish/lnb.

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Welcome iansat, I don't think the sky digibox is of any use (alright for sky, sh*t for everything else). Get yourself a digital fta receiver (will not cost much).
Check www.kingofsat.net/en for the best satellites, try Jimbo's Football & Sports section on the forum for the channels and any other informantion you need.
And as for Swiss referee's yes they are a joke, so I will say nothing. :D

iansat

Reaction score
Rob - Thanks for the tips.

Would I be able to use my existing cable, lnb, dish, if I get a new receiver and a motor for the dish? Anything else I need?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England

iansat

Reaction score
Thanks waverider. The website should be useful when the season starts.

Do you know the answer to my last 2 questions to Rob?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Cable should be fine, providing it is double screened and in good condition, you may consider looking at different CAMs and a card and programmer, but the motor would be a good start.

iansat

Reaction score
Thanks Rolf. I guess I just need to buy a receiver and motor and start experimenting. I will ask about your other suggestions at the shop.