new to satellites

deadhead

Reaction score
Hi all happy new year,I have just bought a fts lifetime ultra,its hooked upto my old $ky minidish,I live in warwickshire and I want to be able to pick up astra19,hotbird13,astra28,hotbird28,what size dish would you suggest,and do I need three lnb's or can I do it with a monoblock,also is there any reason to buy a reciever with ci slots other than the adult meterial or can you buy official cards for multichannel tv from other countries im not interested in football(support leeds utd)Thanks for any advice.O-grab

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi deadhead, a 70 or 90cm Raven Gemini with offset arm for 3 sats would suffice, a four way DiseqC switch would be required and I believe that your box can be updated or flashed to decrypt certain channels.

deadhead

Reaction score
thanks for the advice,I have heard that my box can be flashed the company a bought it from mentioned it,but did not go into any detail,I was reading on another site(american)that alot of people have tried to flash the firmware but alot of them have killed there boxes,so I dont think I will be going down that route,what birds can I pick up with a monoblock,I presume only 2 satelites at the same time,I definatly want hotbird at 28,which of these 2 is better astra*19 or hotbird*13,and with a monoblock would you be able to pick up 28/13 at the same time,im just trying to save money I have only just bought the box,I only bought it for the wrestling/horror channels hence the reason for wanting to keep astra 28,thanks again for the advice:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A monobloc is not the answer, they only normally cover a 6 degree angle, so an offset arm, three LNBs and a DiseqC switch would be required.