new to this forum: humax IR-ACE

S3_Australia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
KU band 85cm dish
Humax IR-ACE decoder
Hi all,

first thanks for this great forum
I ahve just discovered it and it is amazing the amount of information you can find.
I am new to satellite and I don't know where to post this thread
I was looking for a "general" forum but could not find it
so if somebody thinks this thread should be somewhere ele, feel free to move it
I jsut bought a KU band dish+LNB and a humax IR-ACE. The manual mentions that the humax ir-ace has embedded irdeto. all the channels I'd like to watch are broadcasted using irdeto 2.

so my first question is: does the humax need to have its firmware updated to support irdeto2? if so where such a firmware can be found ?
I have tried the manufacturer without any success.

Second, I am new to this irdeto stuff. If what I read is correct, you need an irdeto cam for the provider of the channels you want to watch. I read a lot about matrix CAM, magic cam, etc...

Could anybody please explain me how this stuff work and basically what I need to watch these channels?

For your own information, I live in Australia, melbourne and the satellite I am aiming is PAS2

thanks for your help
Much appreciated

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
S3_Australia and welcome to the forum.

Obviously with your location it could be difficult to have any on line communication however I suggest you do a search using the paramater irdeto2 or irdeto 2. Unfortunately I am not a humax user but for some reason no-one has seen your post so hopefully this will enable others to see it and answer your questions. I am unclear as to whether irdeto2 has been compromised but I have seen a number of posts (which you will find by searching ) concerning card splitting which is presumably card sharing and or copying of existing irdeto2 cards. There are many different facets to the hobby in general and unfortunately many people think that there is a quick fix for everything and unlike yourself they do not bother to do any research before asking a question which many people will be willing to answer if they do know the answer . I for one am glad to see you are not another yet another one (it is really quite refreshing). In very general terms in order to be able to program your own cards and cam you will need a cam, a cas2 interface and cards. The flavour of these three componants dictates the type of channels you can clear. There are other ways of achieving your goal as you will find out by reading the respective forums but as you already have some kit obviously your path is already mapped out to a certain extent. Good luck and happy hobbying

shaj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
All the best
My Location
United Arab Emirates
Please someone help me to input keys in Humax IR-ACE II