New to this

D

Denson

Hi, I'm interested in getting a cheap, easy to use and as future proof as possible system to receive European adult channels and any English speaking movie channels would be a bonus.

I am located in the Midlands. I have a PC and a Sky Analogue system available to me (maybe the cabling could be useful?!?). I'd rather not spend much more than £200 so 2nd hand equipment may be best?

Are there planning permission issues? What direction do I need an un-obstructed view of? What equipment do I need? I'd rather get hold of a decoder that allows codes to be entered via the remote rather than messing with a PC. Are there any companies in the W.Mids that can sort it all out for me?

Your advice is appreciated,

Mr.D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
By leaving your dish exactly where it is there is potential for loads of your specified channels, you will need to update the LNB to a universal if it isn't already. You should be able to pick up a second hand receiver and Seca Cam , but there are things like a programmer and card to also consider in the cost.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
ADVICE

If youre going down the second hand route

Make sure you see the receiver work for at least an hour before parting with the money

Some do not get on with Seca Cams at all, and some cards are fried by the Seca Cam

I would go for Viaccess as there arenore providers and therefore the chance of the system surviving the year before being updated is better, you will have to move the dish over to 13 East though for the best TV

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
If you're going the Viaccess route I'd also consider pointing the dish at Sirius (5e). Have a look at the various satellites' channel lineup at http://www.lyngsat.com

2old