New TV Cabo channels launch in Nagra 2 only.

rapido

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm
My Location
Hertfordshire
Just a quick note to mention that since April 11th, seven more channels have been added to the TV Cabo package on 11577V: Discovery Turbo, Discovery Civilisation, Discovery Science, MTV Hits, MTV Base, MTV2 and VH1 Classic.

What is more disappointing is that they are transmitted using NAGRAVISION 2 only.

Let's hope the other channels stay in Nagravision 1 for a long while yet. (If anyone knows when the Nagravision 1 cards will be switched off, please let me know!)

-rapido

rapido

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm
My Location
Hertfordshire
Looks like these channels are back permanently - and in Nagravision 1 this time (contrary to what Lyngsat says), with the addition of TNT Classic Movies & Nickelodeon Portugal.

I will say that I'm glad the new Discovery channels are in English (I'm learning Portuguese, but I'm still not very good).

The signal is much weaker than all the other TV Cabo channels, but then again I might only notice it because I have a shoddy set-up!

Also Lusomundo Happy channel has started in the past few days, and so has Fox and Fox Life! TV Cabo is now truly the best package I've ever had!

-rapido

rapido

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm
My Location
Hertfordshire
Mullinsky said:
Can you get TV Cabo in UK?

Yes, just point your dish to Hispasat at 30°W. I'm on the south coast and use a small 43cm minidish... thro' a glass window! I only really have reception problems when it rains.

Anyway, it's receivable throughout the UK with a 60cm dish outdoors.

You'll need some equipment to decode Nagravision 1. I got my receiver patched (by myself) for this purpose. Official subscriptions are not available here, but getting the service without subscribing is not illegal in the UK.

It's a really great service, most of the channels (including the premium films) broadcast in English merely with Portuguese subtitles. Plus there's Sport TV which shows 3pm Saturday games from the Premiere League.

-rapido

rato

International Administrator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800; Nokia 9800s; Nokia 9902S w/T-Rex 3.66
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
Technisat 33 dish; Pace DS430N + Humax HDCI-2000 w/
Gibertini OP 1.25m dish w/Inverto 0.3dB. & Invacom 0.2dB. w/ Spaun SAR 411;
CAS 3;FUN7; SkyStar2; AltDVB;
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
With all due respect, I don´t see why you consider the TV Cabo package as a "really great service". The channels that are on the package are very compressed with really bad image (try watching MTV Base in comparison with the one on Sky) except for the Fox, Fox Life & Disney channels which are being transmitted through Albertis Telecom for TV Cabo. The Lusomundo package, there are no 16:9 channels, no Dolby Digital and the image are also VERY compressed. The movies are a little "dated" in comparison with Sky Movies (not to mention picture quality) and most of the channels are retransmittons of other satellites.

What I´m trying to do here in Portugal is to get YOUR package of Sky on Eurobird´s North Beam (Chelsea TV;NASN, etc.). You guys have a really great package! But due to the weakoned beam & my position in an apartment, I must have at least an 1,20m dish on the roof.

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
Hi..could someone post a list of the channels on the "TV Cabo" package which broadcast programs in English :-)

Thanks very much guys,

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
dvmedia said:
Hi..could someone post a list of the channels on the "TV Cabo" package which broadcast programs in English :-)

Thanks very much guys,

Sometimes 'video on demand' channels have English audio. Also some venus films make american sounds, could of course be spanish, sounds the same !

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
I mean any other channels aside from those :)

Ie. the Discovery and MTV channels, as mentioned above

Thankies :)

cableman

Reaction score
dvmedia said:

Thanks very much guys,

I understand that the discovery channels are in english and a lot of film channels.

powel000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Paraclipse 2.40m solid dish,
Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
Rato2, I tried private messaging you. Can u please private message me or enable your private messages. thx

rato

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
powel000 said:
Rato2, I tried private messaging you. Can u please private message me or enable your private messages. thx

It´s enabled now.

powel000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
rato, still cant send u private message, please check again, try sending me one

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
His PM facility won't be operational until he has a few more posts under his belt I'm afraid powel. You could always ask Admin to make an exception.

L.

rato

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
powel000 said:
rato, still cant send u private message, please check again, try sending me one

I can´t send you a PM also.

moonlight

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATYCON F1
PENTIUM 4 - WIN XP
My Location
PORTUGAL
rato2 said:
I can´t send you a PM also.

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone knows what´s going on with the software for saticon f1 as i downloaded into 2 different receivers and they blocked straight away.
Pls help

powel000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
From what I read, Fox, fox life and AXN are in English, I will leave it to other members to verify, as I dont have my Hispasat up yet

rato

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
powel000 said:
From what I read, Fox, fox life and AXN are in English, I will leave it to other members to verify, as I dont have my Hispasat up yet

Yes, they are in English. Fox & Fox Life have a great image as they are transmitted by Albertis Telecom for TV Cabo. AXN on the otherhand is compressed on a transponder with other channels. Audio on the Fox channels are crisp & clear, while the AXN has alot os S/N ratio.