New Type Of Programmer.....Any Good?

goffy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was just about to order an elvis programmer to use with a magic module and funcard but then I saw this new programmer heres the link http://www.nesat.com/products

Anyone know anything about this? As I think it might be worth my while getting that instead of the elvis providing its not going to become obsolete. I am not really up to speed on the technical specs so any advice would be helpfull. I am after something easy to use.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Certainly looks OK Goffy, only disadvantage I can think of is that not many, if any members will have used it, so help and advice in usage may be a bit thin on the ground.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Looks OK to me too Goffy. Just interested as to why you say it might be worth your while getting that rather than the Elvis. Do you prefer the USB connection or do you see other advantages?

goffy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Jimbo, I do prefer USB connection and the fact that it doesnt need a mains power supply. Another advantage is its got a casing to protect the components from being accidentally damaged by getting knocked.

But the main thing that changed my mind was that the bloke at www.duwgati.com gives it a good write up and he seems a bit sniffy about the elvis. He seems to know his stuff and he reckons the infinity is far simpler to use than the elvis and comes with good software disc.

I looked at cardmans site also but was slightly put off by his peculiar system of contact email addys, no phone number and terms of business and by the fact that he "named and shamed" a customer publicly who had complained about him not answering an email. It struck me as bad business sense to name a customer on his site even if the customer was in the wrong.