New user

max2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1500CI+, TM 80cm motorised dish
My Location
North London
Hi I'm a new to this forum, i've been looking for a satellite pvr receiver for about 6 months, after reading the messages posted on this site and others i've made up my mind to buy the Relook 400s because it can record 2 channels at the same time.

I'm now looking to buy the unit without a disk drive becuase I'd like to add my own dirve, can someone please recommend a website, preferably UK

Thanks

Max2

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
It's not as simple as you beleive, the software to Relook have major bugs.

It might sound strange but i can not recommend Relook at this stage and i have been a supporter since it was released back in early 2006.

Right now i have left Relook and will never return as i beleive their support and communication to the customers stink.

The community is not the best either and the support you get is questionable.

I would recommend a Dreambox, one thing it's the original and only Linux receiver that works and have a great community with many developers doing continues developing.

I can write a list with 50 software bugs but it will take too much time and effort.

If you want to run Enigma it will not support twin-tuners in Relook and it will never do either as Enigma1 never supported twin-tuners.

My only suggestions is to stay away from DGS and Relook.

max2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North London
Likvid said:

It might sound strange but i can not recommend Relook at this stage and i have been a supporter since it was released back in early 2006.

Right now i have left Relook and will never return as i beleive their support and communication to the customers stink.

I would recommend a Dreambox, one thing it's the original and only Linux receiver that works and have a great community with many developers doing continues developing.

I can write a list with 50 software bugs but it will take too much time and effort.

If you want to run Enigma it will not support twin-tuners in Relook and it will never do either as Enigma1 never supported twin-tuners.

Thank you for your honest reply, can you please recommend a receiver that records 2 channels at the same time.

Max2

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
max2 said:
Thank you for your honest reply, can you please recommend a receiver that records 2 channels at the same time.

Max2

A Linux receiver or a standard receiver?

max2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North London
I'm not fussy either will do i just want a unit that can record two channels at the same time and be patched like my TM1500 CI+

Thanks

Max2

skidy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm7020
1m motorised dish.
Dell Precision 560 (twin processor )
My Location
NW-UK
_www.denktenk.com/forum this url is for all your needs(ie-relook-related)

cliffb@

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Toppy TF5800PVR + Panasonic Satellite Receiver
My Location
South UK
Likvid said:

Sorry to hijack this thread but it seems to have gone quiet...

Please forgive my many questions on this first post but you seem to be the man with the knowledge and experience.

I'm contemplating buying a DM600PVR (I've now ruled out Relook after your post). I have just set up a TF5800PVR + SLUG for Freeview terrestrial purposes and would like to provide a similar arrangement for SKY and possibly other satellites that my dish can see maybe even going back to a movable dish but SKY is the main concern for the family. I currently have a SKY dish (with subscription) and a Panasonic receiver. I'm technically savvy in electronics and Linux/software so configuration is not a concern.

My questions are:

1) Can a DM600PVR use a normal SKY card to provide access to encrypted channels? (We actually only watch SKY ONE so have the minimum subscription)
2) Can I reuse my SKY dish and just connect it to the DM600PVR?
3) Can I transfer recorded files to another system over the Ethernet connection?
4) Are the recorded files playable without a card?
5) What format are the files? (.rec etc)
6) Can VLC play the files (and transcode of course)?
7) Does the unit provide full remote programming over the ethernet port (eg a web interface like I run on IIS to control the TF5800PVR via the SLUG although any TCP/IP based protocol would be OK)?

A linux based unit with community support is the only way to go IMHO.

If the answers to the above are 'yes' then it's a wonder box!

Thank you in advance for your assistance.