new what to buy and where

marshyred

Reaction score
Hi this is the first ever forum i have joined , well here goes

i have not got much of a clue only my daughter says her freid has a satalitte system set up and its great .

I would like to get a system set up I have abudget of about 450 pounds and dont know what to buy or where to buy it from so if you can help it would be great

i have looked at the forum and there is so much information do i buy things from the net ebay or all from one place ..

I dont want a massive big dish but one that is meduim and will last I would like to use a motor and be able to set it up I am okay with commuters to some extent so i hope this will help .

all the best from marshyred
ps i am from liverpool i hope that wont but you off
can you guess what team i support ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi marshyred, welcome to the forum. :)

If you are good with computers, then you may consider something like the Dreambox, it requires a lot of reading, but is amongst the best available. Combine that with a DiseqC motor and a 90cm dish and you will be able to pull in quite a bit.

Your £450 should buy you the gear you require, some you can get from our advertisers at the top of the forum, but some is best bought from one of the European E-tailers, as the prices are far more competitive.

marshyred

Reaction score
Hi rolfw thanks for the info i will check these items back and get back to you .

thanks agian

all the best marsh red