Newb Help....Latvian/Russian/Baltic T.v

zanicuk1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NONE
My Location
UK
Hi all,

Hope that i can pick your wise brains here goes...I am english but my other half comes from Latvia hence the reason i need to keep her happy with russian tv from home :)

I live south east london and want to know what exactly do i need to buy and the price im looking at to get russian FTA channels and what the channels are.

And also what card i would but as pay per view after i have the FTA channels and how much is this card.

Thanks And look forward to the reply.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Channels are listed on lyngsat.com

There might be some footprint diagrams for satellites and size of dish needed.

Have you looked in the Dreambox section to see what "extra" channels you might be able to get?

Thread on Russian channels:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=7999

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
:-welcome zanicuk1

If I were you I would get myself a fixed 80cm dish and aim it at Sirius 5 east.
I would then get myself a nice simple receiver like my one a Technomate TM-1000D for about £70-80, and then get it "patched" at Alsats. You can try the Dreambox but the Technomate is a lot easier to use, as well as cheaper.

You will then be able to receive ALL the Russian and Ukrainian channels on Sirius. After a while you could add a motor or a monoblock (I think that is possible, if not someone will soon let us know) to it and then get ALL the Russian channels from Hotbird 13 east.

It seems that Latvia are starting there own FTA channel on 1st October from Sirius called TV5. For more info try:- www.tvnet.lv/tv5/

Best of luck
Rob
:-Welcome1 ;)

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
I just knew one of you Russian experts would get here eventually,
Brilliant :)