Newb here with a question

Stoka

Reaction score
HI folks..new to the world of sats ..and like you, im sick of paying thru the nose for bollox

Im in sunderland in the NE of the UK

so my wee question is:-..i have borrowed a sat finder..damn..that was easier than i thought..but for some reason..i can find AMOS(5W) no problem..but im struggling to find Thor (1W) and ive been told to set Thor as my start point..

sorry..shoulda mentioned i bought a Dreambox 7000 and using a motorised dish

If i have Amos at 5W and I want Thor at 1W do i tilt the dish up or down or left or right

any help would be apreciated

am i right in thinking im gonna need a compass for this?

and to topit off...HI again :D

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hi Stoka,
If you have found Amos then just turn your dish to the left (which will take you towards east).
First you should find Intelsat 707 at 1 West, and then next Thor at 0.8 West.
If you can find Amos, then Thor should be no problem, good hunting !
Do not tilt your dish up or down.

Stoka

Reaction score
Thnx for that Rob...I think i might have found my problem...ME!!! :?

turning the bloody thing the wrong way weren't I..ohh well..start again tomorrow armed with my new info :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Very surprised you can get Amos on a 1m dish.
5W is the satellite run by the French (Telecom), Amos is at 4W

1W will be ever so slightly higher than either 4W or 5W from your location , but not by much

Stoka

Reaction score
hey guys..thnx for the help..but alas i bit the bullet and asked a friend of a friend to set up the dish...christ..ya canna wonder i was trugglin..the gear he had..and ive had some quick tips on getting started...to be honest..the guy who set up my dish hadn't seen a DB ..so he was as interested as i was lol

now ive got 6/7 sats programmed in..just gotts cypher out all the shit...that and i need to find the hacks ;)