Newb needs help with different positions!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Force 5 series
Dreambox 7020
80cm Dish
My Location
Essex
Ok. Sorry for the title...

I've only had the Dbox (7020) for a few days so am clambering up the rather steep learning curve. This has been made a lot easier with the 'quick and dirty guide here, and the slightly updated one on Satandream.

So, I'm running Gemini 4, MGcamd123 with Satankeybundle and Pet123 motor settings. The system works, decodes (and then dosn't anymore) pretty much as expected.

But.. My motor wont drive to certain satellites, Astra 28.2E and Thor 1W for example. I have one of the STAB HH motors you all hate so much, and have entered the relevant motor position codes in motor setup. If I go to manual scan and 'drive to position' the dish turns to pretty much the right place. However, if i go to Satscan, not all of the satellites i have set up show in the drop down list, and the ones that aren't there are the ones that the dish won't point to when in use.

Any ideas? Help would be appreciated as the wife has the hump with me as she now can't get 'girly movies' or whatever it is FTA on Astra.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi

Go to setup, service searching, satellite configuratin and make sure these sats are in your lists. I haven't got a stab so can't help much with it (I got a Motek).

You are sure you are on the arc?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Force 5 series
Dreambox 7020
80cm Dish
My Location
Essex
Thanks for that T_G. I was trying to do everything through motor settings. I had to reselect a couple of Sats and add a few that wernt listed. Saved and all sytems go!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
bladerunner gb said:
Thanks for that T_G. I was trying to do everything through motor settings. I had to reselect a couple of Sats and add a few that wernt listed. Saved and all sytems go!

Nice one! For some reason the gemini Image doe snot have all the sats listed, so every time I put in a new image I go there and then repeatedly pres on the "add" button until everything is there.

I then upload my saved channel list and I am ready to go!

P.S. Whenever you got a fresh image all working nicely, make a flash wizard backup - so if it goes bad you can be back in business in 2 minutes.

TG