Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate HD80 MC CI
80cm motorised dish
My Location
leicestershire
Hi Everyone,

I really need some help here as im going insane !! :-bash

I have just had installed a tecnomate HD80 MC CI with a 80cm motorised dish, Now i cant get channel 4 & 5 as its scrambled.

No problem i thought as i have a few active sky cards (ive just discarded with my SKY+) so i stick it in the slot and nothing?????

i spoken to a few people and they say i need a CAM programing to take the SKY card.
If this is so, where, how, and how soon?

Please dont tell me i need a SKY+ box to recive them as i binned it last week. :-doh!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
:-Welcome1 to the forum engine tuner

I have to confess to not being too clued up on this but I think that the only option available to you is a dragon cam as it has NDS support, but like I say I am not 100% on that, just nip out to the bin for me and get that plus unit out it does have some value you know.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will need a Dragon CAM to use the card, but the Dragon does not update the card and you will lose the encrypted channels after a few weeks. Only way to update is back in the digibox, any one will do, but it must be a digibox.

The only non-Sky receiver which updates the card to my knowledge is the Dreambox.

engine tuner

www.morspeed.co.uk
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate HD80 MC CI
80cm motorised dish
My Location
leicestershire
OK,
So i need to buy a dragon CAM, and i guess a sky box also? how will that up-date the card if i no longer have a contract with SKY?

can i use any dragon CAM or does it have to be programmed to take the SKY card?
And if im buying a Dragon CAM will that not also de-scramble other channels?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Sky box writes to the card, it'll write to any card in it and the FTV cards still require updating. The Dragon CAM will need the lates firmware which handles NDS, but will only give you what the card is entitled to on that satellite. It will however give you channels on a couple of other birds.

engine tuner

www.morspeed.co.uk
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate HD80 MC CI
80cm motorised dish
My Location
leicestershire
OK,

So i can use my fathers sky box to update my SKY card? which will just give me astra FTA channels. (will this affect his card, he has SKY full package?)

So to recive channels scrambled by viaccess or cryptoworks i need a separete card for each which fits into the same dragon CAM????

Sorry for all the questions but i really havnt a clue,

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The card will need to be left in a digibox at least overnight. The Dragon can emulate a card, have a look in the Dragon cam section, there is a lot of information in there.