Newbie Advice !!!

shaktoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wave T-90/Nanoxx9600/Technotrend TTs2 3200/HTPC
My Location
Dublin,IRELAND
Hello,
Being a newbie and recently thinking outside sky box i would be grateful if anyone could give advice as what to buy and set up.
I wish to ( ideally) recieve ALL SKY DIG + WHATEVER ELSE IS OUT THERE, especially AMERICAN channels.If it could be done with one or 2 sky boxes fine just tell me how.otherwise i have been looking online and recently in your forums and am confused as to what would be best for me.I want ALL+/- free UNencrypted stuff available with English channels mainly otheriwse Asian, German, French, Spanish whatever is availableu know music, DAB,mature content etc +/-with a HDD built in , or PC ( i have a laptop without a TV TUNER CARD)connectivity. I so far think its either gonna be dreambox or SKySTAr2 USB.then how could one set up probably 2 (MINI) dishes motorized ideally portable and set everything up also as a PVR with input into the laptop and Wireless streaming if possible to more then one room.
I am not sure if I am making any sense but I am NOT a technical well a hugely technical guy and am just describing my ideal set up.
is anything closely resembling this possible ? if possible as i live in Southern Ireland then how to buy all the Hard/Software and Install it.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
shaktoo said:
Hello,
Being a newbie and recently thinking outside sky box i would be grateful if anyone could give advice as what to buy and set up.
I wish to ( ideally) recieve ALL SKY DIG + WHATEVER ELSE IS OUT THERE, especially AMERICAN channels.If it could be done with one or 2 sky boxes fine just tell me how.otherwise i have been looking online and recently in your forums and am confused as to what would be best for me.I want ALL+/- free UNencrypted stuff available with English channels mainly otheriwse Asian, German, French, Spanish whatever is availableu know music, DAB,mature content etc +/-with a HDD built in , or PC ( i have a laptop without a TV TUNER CARD)connectivity. I so far think its either gonna be dreambox or SKySTAr2 USB.then how could one set up probably 2 (MINI) dishes motorized ideally portable and set everything up also as a PVR with input into the laptop and Wireless streaming if possible to more then one room.
I am not sure if I am making any sense but I am NOT a technical well a hugely technical guy and am just describing my ideal set up.
is anything closely resembling this possible ? if possible as i live in Southern Ireland then how to buy all the Hard/Software and Install it.

If you want American channels you move Stateside. End of story - they arent available in Europe. Theres very little unencrypted English stuff around. Certainly no general entertainment channels. No fta h/c mature content, although some is available by other means at the moment - likely to change in the near future.

As for free stuff have a look at my digital website www.digitalsat.co.uk. This will show you what I can get with a scruffy old 80cm dish in south Scotland.

If you are going to go motorised chuck the minidishes in a skip. You need an 80cm dish minumum to make it worthwhile.

DAB isnt a satellite format, so scratch that requirement off you ideal receiver.

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
If you want American channels you move Stateside. End of story - they arent available in Europe. Theres very little unencrypted English stuff around. Certainly no general entertainment channels. No fta h/c mature content, although some is available by other means at the moment - likely to change in the near future.

As for free stuff have a look at my digital website www.digitalsat.co.uk. This will show you what I can get with a scruffy old 80cm dish in south Scotland.

If you are going to go motorised chuck the minidishes in a skip. You need an 80cm dish minumum to make it worthwhile.

DAB isnt a satellite format, so scratch that requirement off you ideal receiver.

First of all Thats a very nice website :) lots of good information. Second DONT move stateside,as all channels soon will be gone too! :-Guill
Everything is going N2