Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Stealth 244 is now available with Polsat and Digi TV AU fixed.

Unfortunately I don't think this will resolve your problem as the error message "invalid CI module for this program" seems to be related to your receiver.

You should get Keys are Expired, please insert Smartcard, or something like that.

Can you enter the Cams menu using your receivers remote control?
I was assuming that you set the configuration menu using the receiver and remote, but you might have used the Cas 3 for this.

Does your receiver recognise any of the Cams you have mentioned?

RobHoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace DS810XE
Raven Gemini 70 dish
Multi Bracket, 3 Inverto Silvertech 0.2 LNBs
My Location
Nottingham
I knew there was a possible problem with this reciever and cams after reading some of the posts for the Pace DS810xe. I have been able to get it to recognise all the cams I have and alter the config using the remote after a lttle messing about. If it doesn't see the cam I pull the plug and after power up it and inserting the cam it says "Initialising stealth 243"
I only bought it to get the fta HD channels originally. I do intend getting a more "usable" reciever but with the launch of freesat imminent, I am waiting to see if these new fta stb's have a pvr etc.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
It is listed as workig with the Diablo Cam by at least one owner, so maybe all you need to do is update the receivers firmware.
Check the manufacturers web site to see if there is an updated release for the receiver.
Can you check the Cam in someone else's receiver?
Maybe doing a factory reset and re-tuning all the Premiere channels might get it to work.
If you do get Hotbird at the weekend see if it opens TPS or Polsat.

RobHoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace DS810XE
Raven Gemini 70 dish
My Location
Nottingham
Mickha, now got hotbird aswell as 19E and 28E.. still no joy mate.. must be the reciever... gonna give up on it now. I'll wait to see what these new Freesat boxs are like...Thanks for all your help

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi RobHoo,
don't give up yet as TPS is currently down on the Diablo, we are awaiting Stealth 245 for the fix.
You should still get Polsat, providing your receiver is recognising the cam.
_http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/polsat.html

Joof

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TopfieldTF7700HSCI PVR ready
Technomate DiSEqC Motor
Triax TD54 dish
My Location
Soton
RobHoo said:
Mickha, now got hotbird aswell as 19E and 28E.. still no joy mate.. must be the reciever... gonna give up on it now. I'll wait to see what these new Freesat boxs are like...Thanks for all your help

I did have my Diablo Light working with the Pace DS810 for a while, but round about Stealth v235 it wouldn't work at all anymore..just kept returning the 'invalid CI module' error message. And the same with all subsequent Stealths.

I've just bought a new Topfield and the same Diablo worked in it straight away. So I would agree it is a problem with this receiver.

RobHoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace DS810XE
Raven Gemini 70 dish
My Location
Nottingham
Yeah thats what I thought.. thanks for your input...

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Have you tried chaging the CAID option in the cam? Some receivers had a problem with too many CAIDS, and there was a special file brought out for some Echostar receivers.
Go into the menu, configuration, CAIDS file and try Astra_1.

Joof

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate DiSEqC Motor
Triax TD54 dish
My Location
Soton
Mickha said:
Have you tried chaging the CAID option in the cam? Some receivers had a problem with too many CAIDS, and there was a special file brought out for some Echostar receivers.
Go into the menu, configuration, CAIDS file and try Astra_1.

In my case I was using Astra 1 CAID. This worked for many months but after circa Stealth 235 nothing would clear.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Did you ever try the Echostar option??? This option is not available in the CAIDS folder but needs to be added using your Cas programmer.
It is very easy to do like updating the keys.bin file, you simply download the echostar caid file and place it on your desktop.
Start up the Diablo software, click on the Cam File System tab, click connect, open up the configuration Folder, and the CAIDS folder.
Then locate the echostar caid file in the bottom left hand pane and transfer it using the green arrow pointing right.
Try various CAID options to see if any work first and I shall try and locate that file, but it should be available on alsat or wherever you download your Stealth files.

Joof

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate DiSEqC Motor
Triax TD54 dish
My Location
Soton
Mickha said:
Did you ever try the Echostar option??? This option is not available in the CAIDS folder but needs to be added using your Cas programmer.
It is very easy to do like updating the keys.bin file, you simply download the echostar caid file and place it on your desktop.
Start up the Diablo software, click on the Cam File System tab, click connect, open up the configuration Folder, and the CAIDS folder.
Then locate the echostar caid file in the bottom left hand pane and transfer it using the green arrow pointing right.
Try various CAID options to see if any work first and I shall try and locate that file, but it should be available on alsat or wherever you download your Stealth files.
That's interesting..I've never heard about this before now. Unfortunatey I've now splashed the cash on the Toppy and am generally very pleased with it, although I must say I think the Pace HD picture is slightly better,and I prefer the operation of the Pace remote handset but just about everything else about the Pace is worse.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi RobHoo,
I've located the custom CAID file developed for Echostar receivers if you want to try it:
_http://www.sendspace.com/file/j1dtww

RobHoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace DS810XE
Raven Gemini 70 dish
My Location
Nottingham
tried it Mickha but it locked my stb up...

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
It does look like a problem between your receiver and the Cam. Have you checked for any firmware updates for your receiver?
It might be worth trying the cam in another receiver, if possible, to see if the cam is faulty.
Can you borrow a Dragon cam to see if that works?

RobHoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace DS810XE
Raven Gemini 70 dish
My Location
Nottingham
Hi mickha.. heres the reply from Pace when I asked about an update...
"Hello, The last update was to version 1.0.35, I am sorry but there are no currentplans for any further updates. Best Regards Customer Front OfficePace Micro Technology plc"

I dont know anyone who has a non sky satellite system.....

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
You can check to see if it initializes in your Cas 3, insert the cam, start up the software and click on the Utilities tab.
Then click on Common Interface Host and adjust your settings.
Try changing the CAID to Echostar, using your Cas 3, and then try it in your receiver again.
There doesn't seem much help, or support, from Pace for their products.

I have just read of someone selling a Pace 810XE, with a Dragon Cam and when asked states that this cam works in his receiver.
You might want to consider either trying to exchange your cam, with your supplier, or try and get hold of Dragon/T-Rex cam to try.

jasmine1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 2110 2ci/echostar 808 via 2ci/matrix reloaded/opos 105/titanium/vr3/fortec HD/Quali HD/diablo/DB500S/110cm motorised
My Location
midlands.UK
Hi every1,i have 1 of these receivers and dragon cam has worked fine,now that we have 1 west thor on the scene i ordered a diablo and it will be here tomorrow,while iam waiting for the cam i thought i would tune in all channels for thor,my pace will not pick up hd and many many more channels from thor 1 west,any1 else have this problem,its not a signal problem because i have tested other boxes none hd and it brings in evey frec i throw at it.please help.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
I think the HD channels changed recently, for a full list of frequencies and PID details try here:
_http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/canaldigital.html
If your dish is big enough to get a good signal then there shouldn't be a problem, try deleting the stored channels an re-scanning.
Have you got a Cas programmer for your Diablo Cam, as this is the only way to load the files.