Newbie help astra to hotbird

godzilla252

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Newbie :-P
My Location
West Yorkshire, England
HI, This is my 1st post and im completly new to the satellite thing, so sorry if i sound like an idiot.

I've have a small dish on the side my house that was left by the previous owner, i think its one of the little sky dishes, ive recently bought a reciever from maplin that picks up the FTA channels. I plugged it in tuned it and ive got all the astra channels perfectly.

what i want to do is move the dish to hotbird so i can get the italian channels (RIAUNO etc) I read on the forum that moving the dish to the right (looking from behind) i should be able to do this, I had a play today but with no luck so ive moved it back to astra. have anyone got any advice how I can do this? or if its even possible? thanks :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It is relatively straightforward, 15 degrees to the West and 3 degrees up in elevation, it does however need to be exact, so you will ideally need sight of the signal strength display on a portable TV whilst doing it. Remember that the display does not react immediately, it takes a couple of seconds to show any signal quality. :)

godzilla252

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
West Yorkshire, England
ahhhhhhhh ive got to move it up! thanks, im going to go try it now.... will let you know if i can do it! thanks :-worship

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
You would be better with a meter take a look at this link, its not live so make it so first
ebay 190100781034

they are only cheap the help you find the sats but the only problem is you don't know which sat it is until you go in the house.
All you do is take the plug out of the lnb on the dish plug it into the meter and put the patch lead in the lnb move the dish until the meter goed up...simple yet it works

godzilla252

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
West Yorkshire, England
IT WORKS!!! :-worship

Ive actually ordered a meter from ebay before i went to mess about with the dish but its always good to have...

Thanks you guys :)