Newbie help please !!!

TheScOrpiOn

Reaction score
Please do not get upset if this is in the wrong forum or if you are fed up with all these kind of questions. We all have to start somewhere and that is usually at the bottom asking questions.

I am really a newbie to satellite viewing. I am from South Africa and we use KU band and PAS7. At the moment we have Multichoice that uses Irdeto2 and lately I see Irdeto version 4 cards. What other options (apart from Multichoice) do I have ? Are there any other satellite channels I can watch with the KU band and PAS7. If so what equipment do I need ?

I can just sit and read about all the options you people have from all over the world.

Thank you for understanding and all your help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just had a look at your satellite, there are a few channels on there in Nagravision as well, these would possibly be accessible with the right cam and files, but without extensive searching and the ability to check the results, we in Europe probably can't help too much.

Try looking at the satellites to either side of yours http://www.lyngsat.com/pas68.shtml and then check the footprints for possible reception. There are probably forums based nearer to home which concentrate on these satellites.

TheScOrpiOn

Reaction score
Rolfw

Thanks for the reply. I will try and fing forums closer to home (don't know if it's possible)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Intelsat 902 at 62 East puts down the SABC channel package Two out of the three are in the clear

TheScOrpiOn

Reaction score
Channel Hopper said:
Intelsat 902 at 62 East puts down the SABC channel package Two out of the three are in the clear

SABC channels are also available without any satellite dsih. It is available with a normal TV antenna.

But thanks for your reply.