newbie Help!!!!!!!

D

Daznz

Hi all.. nice site ;)
Im in new Zealand we have sky digital over here>
Does anyone know what the satellites name etc that footprints over here
or where i can get info on this satellite?
One more thing i run a teleman DPA 200d satellite card for internet
can this card be used to recive sky with multidec or will i need another card
Thanks very much
DAZA

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You should be able to get all of the satellite information from http://www.lyngsat.com , if the antipodean Sky is similar to the northern hemisphere, then you'll need a dedicated receiver.

Rolf

D

Daznz

Thanks rolf
nice link its on optus b1
and its DVB Videoguard What card and software would i need to receive this?
Thanks again DAZA :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately Daza, NDS Videoguard is mainly only available via a dedicated Videoguard receiver. There has been a Videoguard Cam produced for the Italian market, but I'm not sure if a) it was actually released and :cool: whether it would work with anything other than the Italian version of Videoguard.

Rolf

D

Daznz

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 20-May-02 AT 11:10 AM (GMT)]Hi again
I think what you are saying is that DVB Videoguard is a different
scrambling technique than what multidec and dvb card are decrambling
is this so? rararar this dont sound to good to me ;) i thought sky tv scrambling would be the same all over the world.
Thanks again
DAZA

P:s one more thing what dedicated Videoguard receiver do think i should purchase and whats a cam :) sry for being so dumb but
when it comes to this im green as........

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The receivers have an embedded conditional access module or CAM as more generally known, so you will need to buy the one for the region you are trying to watch.

Rolf