newbie help

nickupnorth

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Twinhan Sat PCI card
I'm new to all of this and could do with some pointers, please.
I have a mini system
Soltek SL-B7A-F mini bare bones chassis.
AMD athlon chip
512k memory
NEC DVD writer
Twinhan sat 1030a CI (the CI slot is Empty)
NVIDIA XFX Grphics card with TV out
windows XP SP2

Running My Theatre 3.12 with the following plug-ins
Persia Softcam
S2 emu 1.1.3.0
yanksee 1.3.2.1
univiacam
all in the plugins folder.
with key files in MT Dir.

hooked up to a Sky mini dish!

On intallation My Theatre detected and displayed my twinhan card straight away, using mostly the default settings, and I have not enabled the CI on the settings.
I am able to view most of the Free to Air (green) channels on Astra's & Eurobird, 28.5E.

I would like to view the some of the encrypted channels, and this is where I need some help.
When I open Yanksee or S2 emu etc, there is no information in any of the dialog boxes??
I presume this means they are not working.

Am I missing a vital piece of soft ware? or
Must i buy a Cam e.g Dragon, matrix Reloaded, and a Card to put into the CI slot to be able to view encrypted channels?

I have also tried usig Prog DVB with similar success. I can even get hotbird FTA on my little mini dish.

Please your expertise would be gratefully appriciated

Many thanks

Nickupnorth

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Firstly, I'm not suprised that your minidish will not do Hotbird. It's pretty much on the limit, especially if you're 'up north'. It will pull in about half on a good day in the south.

Slightly poor alignment, underperforming LNB and whatever will finish it off.

Dump all the cams and key files you have, and just go with either S2emu V1.1.3.1 and/or CAPI 0.8 or later. Get a key file from one of the better posters, and make sure it's dated 19th or later as some keys were updated yesterday.

Lastly, stick the .dlls in the MDPlugins sub-dir, and the key files in the root dir.

nickupnorth

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Twinhan Sat PCI card
Many thanks,
I'm in exile down south just north of London.My little mini dish ain't much but I can pick some of the signal from hotbirds especially in progdvb.

I have taken your advice and noted your other post about S2emu. Now my S2 emu menu does not show the "missing seca.cfg" message but still no information in the dialogue boxes? does this mean it is not working?
I have put the capi.dll in the plugin directory but it does not show up like S2 emu does in the plugins menu in Mytheatre?

I have noted the key files have no entry for astra 28.5e. but many for astra 19E. I can pickup all of the FTA stuff on 19e but none of the Red channels these include five and ITV2 which i thought were FTV?

Which makes me think the Twinhan card with CI is hard wired not to allow access to anything but FTA unless a cam is in the slot?

cheers
Nickupnorth

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Whoa!

In MyTheatre, the .dlls have to go in the MDPlugins directory (not 'plugins'). In ProgDVB, they just go in the root dir. You must have recent key files. These are 'k£ys.bin' and 's0ftcam.keys'. Both emus will show up in the MDWrapper shell. You must have this installed too.

There is nothing that can be forced open at 28.2E or 28.5E (which are effectively 'co-located').

Five, ITV, ITV2 and Channel 4 are not at 19E, but 28.2E. They are not FTA, but as you say FTV which means that they are encrypted, but can be opened with an FTV $ky card in a digibox. No dice on your PCI card.

STICK

nickupnorth

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Twinhan Sat PCI card
Again many thanks.
D'oh. New folder added.
I new nothing of the MDwrapper software. found it on the net easily and have put MDW 1.26.0.10 in the plugins dir, this and 1.27.0.4 version make My theatre hang when I click on the MDwrapper in the plugin menu.
Keys are in root dir, downloaded this week.
I'm guessing I'm doing something simple wrong?

Nickupnorth

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Lots of folks have trouble with the V3.x versions of MyTheatre. It doesn't like to do MDPlugins, although can be made to AFAIK.

I'd try V2.76 (Most folks running MT here are using that version). It was the last free version.

It's got fewer fancy features, but it does most everything you need, and it's FAR more stable. Also does the MDPlugins you require straight off the bat. Just update all the bits we talked about above. You can also get far more recent transponder lists off the Net.

Get the app here :- _http://www.sat.joy.ro/download.html

I run it, and it's good. I've tried more than one other version of MT, and I wouldn't touch them again with a sh!tty stick.

:)

The later versions of ProgDVB are also popular. They're free, and pretty stable now.

STICK