Newbie here. Need some help with French Channels.

salfordred

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Standard Sky setup but looking to expand. Got to start somewhere.
My Location
Manchester UK
Hello all........ I'm hoping somebody here can help me.

I am desperate to tune into Sport+ channel from France this Saturday which operates from the Astra 1G satellite.

I don't have any special equipment.... just the usual UK Sky digital dish and box.

Can anybody PLEASE tell me if this is at all possible to do just by repointing my dish.... or any other way in which I can do this.

Thanks for looking.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
You can 1) repoint dish and 2) enter channel details into "add channels" on a Sky digibox (details from www.satcodx.com). However, that gets free to air broadcasts only, anything encrypted won't show on a digibox.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Dont bother - Sport + is encrypted, and a digibox will only give you a blank screen.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
You could certainly get quite a bit of free to air sport, especially German channels, from Astra1 (and a few on Hotbird, depending). But, presumably, none will show the particular event you want to see!