Newbie in North Sweden

JojjeFox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
So far nothing.
My Location
Skellefteå, Sweden.
Hello,

I've just got to know this about satellites, and I find it very interesting. I have no experience whatsoever from this, so I have some questions.
I know that most of you are from the UK so I understand if you can't answer my questions, but I've seen someone from Sweden that maybe can help me.

1. I'm most interested in football games of all kinds. I live in the very north Sweden (Skellefteå), can I even get channels around the world that show football? Here's a good site. _http://liveonsat.com/

2. If that is possible for me, what kind of things should I buy? I need everything from the beginning, dish, receiver, everything that is needed.

3. Are Free To Air channels with football (preferably English) hard to get? In that case, what cheap subscriptions can I buy, or is there another solution?

Thank you in advance for taking your time and answering my questions, and please excuse my English. I didn't know where to put this topic, mod can remove it if it's in wrong section.

Jojje

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Hejsan Jojje och välkommen hit

Hello Jojje and welcome to the site:)

Easiest for You is Viasat and or Canal Digital

Both send some good sport and You can always expect a good signal form Thor/Sirius

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Theres no channels fta showing UK Premiership football - and hasnt been for several years. Its all screwed down behind subscription services now.

JojjeFox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
So far nothing.
My Location
Skellefteå, Sweden.
Okay, thanks for your answers.

Is Canal Digital the cheapest way of getting Premiership? I've heard of Art Sport, but apparently they've lost their rights next year?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
DigitalB on 16 East may be an option.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
you should be ok for digitalb according to the footprint, might need a larger dish like 1.2m

JojjeFox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
So far nothing.
My Location
Skellefteå, Sweden.
I don't really know what you mean with that, but where can I buy those dishes?