• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

newbie just looking for some advice

My Satellite Setup
80cm dish,twinhan pci tv card,(newbie)
My Location
dublin,eire
HI all,

sorry for barging straight in ,i hope im not in the wrong discussion area,
im new to this sort of thing although im in IT 8 years(and i thought that was confusing)(",)

anyway..

my system is a 80 cm non-motorised dish tuned into astra satelite
running through my pc which has twinhain card in it,
my fta channels work fine,bbc ,itv etc..
im using progdvb instead of twinhain software
i have also installed yankse.although i dont think the latter is doing anything

im just trying to find a way to recieve channel 4 over my system,aparently i need a cam and a card for this,?

i understand there are issues here,but im just looking to know is it POSSIBLE to recieve it without a cam and card, i.e via software or am I wasteing my time trawling the net fruitlessly...(the last 3 weeks)
i also believe that channel 4 is going fta sometime soon,is this correct??

again apologies if this is in wrong section ,im desperate at this stage to get this resolved,(herself is ready to spontaneously combust-all due to no channel4)so the pressure is on:confused

thanks for any help and great site..

regards

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
The only way to receive Channel 4 is to get a Freesat card and a secondhand Sky digibox, you can get the cards on Ebay, or one of our advertisers sells boxes with a card for less than £100.

Whilst you can use a Dragon CAM with a freesat card, it does not allow the stay alive updates, so would not be of use to you.

My Satellite Setup
80cm dish,twinhan pci tv card,(newbie)
My Location
dublin,eire
cheers thanks for the advice,i had understood that if i got a cam and card i could get it working,but now it seems not so...

thanks for the advice anyway...
rgds:-doh!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately a Dragon CAM would set you back £70 or so, so that wouldn't be a cheap option either.