fort william
hi all looking for a new motorised system
looking at dreambox 7020 or td
but where i stay is very exposed & very windy
what 1mt dish & motor would you recomend

cheers for the help?

J

Jeff_19341

104cm Gibertini dish and a Stab HH120 motor, both sold by DVB-Shop 24 who advertise on this board. Also they are very competative, price and delivery wise.

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400z patched to hot 11.1, v box mrk2, 1.1m triax dish, jeager 12" activator .6 lnb, modified pet123 settings
My Location
kent
hi tebaa,
and also, i know its obvious, but choose a site that is as sheltered as you can, a little longer run in the cable, will offset the likely loss of alignment in a strong wind.
regards
voith

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
phillpayne said:
hi tebaa,
and also, i know its obvious, but choose a site that is as sheltered as you can, a little longer run in the cable, will offset the likely loss of alignment in a strong wind.
regards
voith

If you cannot find a sheltered position and it is very windy, I read somewhere that a mesh dish can help as the air going through the mesh reduces the load on the dish and mounting. But let someone else confirm this before going out and buying one!

tebaa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky box
solo2
technomate nano 2
1.2 dish
My Location
fort william
cheers for the help boys