newbie looking for advice on equipment please

vasques101uk

Reaction score
hi all ,

i have been reading for a while now and have finally got the money to buy a basic system....

so im looking for some advice and help

i have thought about buying a dish and puting multiple lnbs on it

i already have sky so want to replace the dish with a bigger one but it it possible to get sky, hotbird and astra 19 all with say 3 lnbs and one dish

also if you dont mind was looking at technomate receivers....to get the good stuff of course but do i need the ones with the ci slots so for instance i can get sexviewtv ....

and finally what do i need to do to get freextv....

thanks in advance for all your help.......and hopefully will be reporting back soon with the good news that im up and running

sorry one late addition can the skyplus box be used with any other satellite

thanks again

caretaker

Reaction score
;) Hi Vasques101uk.
Looking for freextv? go to www.lyngsat look up frequency list ..When you get toFreextv,left click on Freextv,you will then go on to thier site and you are told what to do in order to receive Freextv... hope this helps good luck

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Skyplus - standard receiver can get other FTA satellite channels with SR 22000 or 27500 but the recording may be affected by the EPG missing

Try it and report back if you can

vasques101uk

Reaction score
thanks for the reply guys.....i think what i will do first is upgrade my dish and lnbs so i can receive other satellites then see how this works with the sky boxes....will post my findings in due course...

anyother help or advice is greatly appreciated as i have been caught out b4 buying equipment i didnt need or was not suitable..

meldrew

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North West
vasques101uk said:
thanks for the reply guys.....i think what i will do first is upgrade my dish and lnbs so i can receive other satellites then see how this works with the sky boxes....will post my findings in due course...

anyother help or advice is greatly appreciated as i have been caught out b4 buying equipment i didnt need or was not suitable..

I lost my nerve about going motorised and settled for 2 lnbs and a technomate 5500 CI and CAM. THe S*y box could be a bit limiting.
Very happy with this set up as it is enough to be enjoyable but not too much to be a problem. There is an element of pot luck about what I watch though but there is football on DSF RTL5 and other channels and that other stuff on XXL and multivision (with a 6 in 1 card).

Meldrew