Newbie need your help

satyid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Basic Sky Digital System
My Location
Hampshire, UK.
Hi all

I was looking into getting a technomate 1500 ci+ box with a 80cm dish and the Digitalb Super Sport Viewing Card from a well known auction website. From my understanding it has to be set up at 16 degrees East so I can receive Digitalalb and the Premier Super Sports 1-5 channels for the live footy (main reason for getting system).

So what I want to know is have any of you guys used this system and whats the signal like when connecting to 16 degrees east?

Also does the weather effect the signal, is it a strong signal and I'd like to known your general opinions about it.

I hope someone out there can help as I dont want to get this system and viewing card and then find out its total rubbish.

Many thanks

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

The 'system' as you put it consists of individual components that you can buy separately. So it is unlikely that someone will have exactly the same system as you.

The main consideration with good reception is the dish size/quality. I bet the one that comes with the system is the cheapest, and the smallest size you can get away with for 16E.

The signals on that satellite are worse than the other popular sats, eg Hotbird,Astra1, and Astra2 and can be variable.

If you want better immunity to rain fade, the bigger the better. Judging by the other threads on here, 80cm should be OK in the south of the UK,
but given that you haven't bought the system yet, a 1m dish would be a better option. A 1m dish is the maximum size you can have without needing planning permission.

I think it is better to buy the components separately and then you can pick and choose what you need.
My receiver is similar to the 1500 except is FTA only and Im very happy with it.
They do a TMS version of the 1500, which according to reports has a more sensitive receiver than the standard TM.

satyid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Basic Sky Digital System
My Location
Hampshire, UK.
Thanks Robbo

As I'm a newbie and not really clued up on all of this, what are Hotbird,Astra1, and Astra2? Are they satellites and can you receive the digitalalb super sport premier channels?

I really just want to set up a system that can receive the english and spanish footy instead of using my current provider.

Cheers

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK