Newbie needing a point in the right direction

mojomoses

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FMD tboston 4500 clone
My Location
Valencia Spain
I'm an absolute newby who is living in Spain with my family.I had a Spanish guy come round fit my system and it was working but only picking up German/French and three English Channels. He promised to set it up to pick up many channels with English Language options. He came back hooked up his laptop tp my FMD Tboston Clone receiver and all went off, he left promising to return but hasn't. As where I live in Valencia ther are very few English speaking people it is difficult to get help and my Spanish doesn't run to technical levels. Is there anything I can do my reciever will only go on standby and won't switch on, A "boot" message comes up then it goes to standby. I have aquired a cable that will link my Laptop to the receiver but I don't know what to do next. I don't understand terms like- coship-firmware-etc so I'm have know idea how to proceed Please Help if you can, my kids are miserable enough without this :(

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like he attempted a software update which didn't work, can you supply the exact name of the receiver and any relevant details from the unit?

mojomoses

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FMD tboston 4500 clone
My Location
Valencia Spain
Hi,
Thanks for replying, the box says FMD ref:ST864D/ Type:CDVB2300A/ Serial F1204. I'm sorry it's all I have I think it's French but Probably a Chinese jobby.
I've to go out with the family but will be around all day tommorrow. Or if you can point me to the right referance site I'll be really grateful so will the kids.
Kind Regards
David