Newbie Needing Basic Help On Dreambox

colossus1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
just brought a Dreambox but no current satellite connection
My Location
erhampton
I have recently purchased a DM500S. I have a mini dish but no current subscription as I thought that I would be able to connect the Dreambox and access encrypted channels. IS this possible from just using the box and the dish and can this be done with codes etc or do I need a card.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome to the forum.

You need to read The Guide and also read old posts in the Dreambox section to get a feel for what can and can't be done, and how to do it.

colossus1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
just brought a Dreambox but no current satellite connection
My Location
erhampton
When you say sky uk no does this mean that I cannt access any sky uk channels. Could I pull a signal from another satellite and pick up movies and sports. Those are the main channels I need. Where can I get a list of the channels that I can pick up from other satellites like the link I have below.

And do I need a current subscription to pull any o these channels in or can I have no subscription and still pull channels in from another sat.

http://www.satcodx2.com/0282/eng/

Ta

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You can access any of the free channels, and the pay channels with a valid subsciption card. You CANNOT unlock the Sky pay channels and watch them for free.