Newbie Needing help getting MT to work properly on Astra 2 & Eurobird1

juustme

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
P4 Shuttle Box XP Pro 800 FSB TwinHan PCI
My Location
uk
I Thought I had a 1/2 idea of what to do but apparently I was wrong... :(

I've scanned Astra 2A & Eurobird 1 using a registered copy of MyTheatre 3.21.
I am getting some of the green "v" channels but not others (i.e. no BBC).
It was working flawlessly on the d*sh network in the US but I think that I'm doing something wrong. The 10 or so channels it does get come in great (i.e. sky news, cctv etc.) but others it should get, no luck.
I would really appreciate any pointers/suggestions/emails/verbal abuse that anyone would be willing to share as I'm developing square eyes looking at this monitor.
If you want to email as opposed to posting steve_4fun at hotmail is what I use. I feel that I'm missing something really simple.

TIA
just me

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Hi there , :-Welcome1 to the forum.

Have you tried to manually scan the missing transponders, as the supplied lists are rarely up to date. Go HERE for a fairly up to date list and try that.

Rgds

L. :)

juustme

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Thanks for the welcome.
When I scanned it I left LOF1 @9750000 SW @ 11700000 and LOF2 @ 106000000.
in my "Plugins" folder I have a nagra folder, DVBEPG.dll, Fenrir.dll, fenrir.ini, Nagra.key, softcam.key, SoftCam.key.used, Yankse.dll, yankse.ini, yankse.prv.

With d*sh only using Nagra 1 & 2 I'm wondering if I'm missing some files, or if I've done my settings wrong.

I'll admit that I was a spoilt when I set my system up and when I updated it as someone had posted a beginners guide and then later posted a copy of their plugins folder to allow I & others to double check our configuration.

Thanks again for the welcome, I'm looking forward to learning and getting running 100%

TIA
Steve

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You wont get the scrambled Sky channels no matter what files you put in the folders. Its secure.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
OK mate - you can dispense with the fenrir, yankse etc but you will need to find a recent softcam file and put S2EMU 1.172 in the plugins folder as these two will do the same job as all the others did.

As my colleague said, the encrypted transmissions on 28E are secure at the moment but I was under the impression that you were only looking for the FTA stuff on there anyway.

If you want to try out the contents of your plugin folder then you really need to look at 13E and the Hotbird satellites. Plenty to occupy your time there.

PS.
Your LNB settings are fine if you are using a Universal type.

Rgds

L. :)

juustme

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Thanks. That's what I needed to know. I was just concerned that I had some settings wrong as I'm able to get the BBC Parliament on an old Grundig using a freeview sky card but not on my PCI card as well as some green "v" channels but not others.

For these Satellites, (Hotbird & 13) can I use an angled LNB on my present sky dish or do I need another dish aimed at the others? (I'd rather my house not look like a radar tower :-) and, I'd like not spend my evenings watching CBBC or Soap Drama weekly just to have only 1 dish.

I'm sure you understand. It's fun when everything works as planned. "challenging" when inches from a solution. At the moment I can almost see the solution in sight. Anyone in the UK sell multi head dish setups?