newbie needs help entering keys.

blackninja

Reaction score
I've got a smart centurio ci with an irdeto freecam (viaccess and seca also seem available on this cam according to the menu). I've found a few keys on the net and can open the enter new keys screen but I don't know how to type in letters or spaces using my remote. How do I do this?

Cheers for any help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
From memory you can only enter irdeto keys into a freecam, you enter them in decimal format, you can use a hex to decimal convertor for this.

blackninja

Reaction score
Sorry to sound thick, but what's a hex to decimal convertor?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just the bit in red.

blackninja

Reaction score
Thanks rolfw.

The keys on that site don't seem to work. Think they expired. Do you know of any up to date irdeto sites?

I worked out how to convert from hex to decimal and I converted some current viaccess keys (from la-cafetera.com) into freecam keys using this technique. I flashed my freecam to viaccess. However these keys don't work either. Why is this?