Newbie needs help: T-rex rev 1.0, Infinity USB

roboraver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-1000D, 60 cm dish
My Location
London
Sorry have spent the last few hours reading and I cant find a answer ! I have the following:

1xT-Rex module (Twin module + firecrypt)
1xT-Rex loader card (green and white)
1xInfinity USB (phoenix compatible)

I am a S!y+ multiroom subscriber but have just got a spanking new Vista MCE computer with a pci satellite card and CI module, have got everything working on the PC side.

I have not a clue what I need to do to enable me to insert my valid 2nd s!y card into the T-rex module (other then enter my S!y box number somewhere !!)

Is there a step by step guide on how to program the t-rex module to work with my valid card ?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi roboraver,
what version of Predator have you got loaded onto your Cam? If you have an appropriate version loaded, containing the correct CAID, you should get the basic channels as soon as you put your card in, but for the premium channels you will need to input the 10 digit Serial Number into the Cam.
This can be found in your s*y box menu, Services, System Set up, System Details.
You then input this into your Cam by going into the menu and Settings.
Not knowing your level of expertise with your Cam, or your programmer, I'll try to explain the basics and you can ignore what you already know.
First your programmer, I'm assuming it's an Infinity/Phoenix USB, if it's not please post back and I'll publish the relevant programming guide.
Start up your Infinity software, click on Help, About and Check for Updates, this is to ensure you have the latest software.
After you have the latest software, start up your programmer.
Insert your Loader Card, chip face down.
Your programmer could identify your card, as there are 2 types, a Fun Card 7, also known as a Prussian Card 5, and a PIC based loader card.
To program either is very easy with the Infinity programmer.
For Fun card 7.
From the drop down box scrool down and choose DragonloaderCard (AVR), leave the built in loader, and click on the folder icon next to Ext EEprom, navigate to your Predator file, Unzipped, and load the relevant .dra file.
Click option 2, reverse span, and click write.
For the PIC card choose DragonloaderCard (PIC), from the drop down box, and follow the same instructions.
Once your card has completed writing then you update the firmware, in your Cam, with the card.
Follow these instructions exactly as a failure to do so can result in you damaging your cams bootloader.
Tune your receiver to a FTA (Free To Air) channel, I usually use BBC World on 19E or 13E.
Turn off your receiver.
Insert your loader card into your Cam, chip face up, and if not already, insert your Cam into your receiver.
Turn on your receiver.
Navigate to the cams menu and choose yes load cam.
Wait until the cam has loaded, to see any progress you need to press refresh.
Once the Cam has loaded you will see a message, please remove your card and restart the receiver.
Remove your card.
Turn off the Receiver.
Turn on the receiver.
Now when you go into the menu you should see Predatorxxx, whichever version you have loaded.
I have uploaded a file on sendspace for you to try, by kurtisangle, which contains the latest keys for D+ and Premiere.
_http://www.sendspace.com/file/1hltp5
You need to put your S*y card back into its box every 4-6 weeks to get the stay alive signal, you can do this by leaving it in overnight when not using it.
If this does not answer your questions please post back.
Best wishes
Mickha

roboraver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-1000D, 60 cm dish
My Location
London
Hi Mickha, that you for the detailed instructions but I think I 'may' of done something wrong. Using the Infinity USB programmer when I writing the predator file it it gets just after halfway and then mention in the status "Error - could not verify location". If I click on view data it reads the card and shows the message "ADR: DATA Chip".

When I first insert the t-rex loader card into the infinity it automatically select goldcard (red) and then I change it to dragonloader card, is this correct or do I program the goldcard ??

roboraver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-1000D, 60 cm dish
My Location
London
Do I need to set anything in the "pheonix mode" ? e.g freq or polarity ? do you think my t-rex loader card is faulty ?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi roboraver,
the first thing you can try is programming it as a DragonloaderCard (PIC) and just loading the inbuilt loader.
Start up your programmer, select DragonloaderCard (PIC), and write.
Then try loading the .dra file.
Also try copying and pasting the file to the desktop, has the Infinity software occasionally struggles with long path names.
Have you got the latest software for your programmer and which Infinity programmer are you using?

roboraver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-1000D, 60 cm dish
My Location
London
Hi, the 1st part works correctly (just using the dragonloaercard (PIC), but it looks like when the dra is loading the 2nd part it fails (e.g it loads the 1st eeprom but fails when it continues to load the 2nd part). I have the latest software for the infinity usb phoenix programmer and have changed the location of the path to C:\. I think my t-rex loader is damaged :(

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Not necessarily, and even if it is there are some repair files for the card.
i have just uploaded LOAD2MB on sendspace:
_http://www.sendspace.com/file/hj07yv
The read me file will explain how to use it, once it's complete try programming your card again.
Does your loader card have anything written on it? perhaps it is a Fun Card 7, but these usually have Fun 7 written on them.

roboraver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-1000D, 60 cm dish
My Location
London
Bugger the cat, I dont have a serial lead to try this, I will get one tommorrow, thank you for your help so far !

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
You don't need a serial lead for the first part, as you program the card like a gold card, using your USB cable, this is just a repair file. Once this is done you can try programming the card as a DragonloaderCard (PIC), which should work.

roboraver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-1000D, 60 cm dish
My Location
London
Hi Mickha, it's a faulty t-rex card, the 2nd eeprom is damaged for certain, I will send it back to the place of purchase for a replacement, thank you for your help so far !

roboraver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-1000D, 60 cm dish
My Location
London
Hey, hey better late then never, finally got the replacement loader so wil try this a little later (Vista 64 is a pile of *rap !! dont installit as half the drivers dont work !!)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
roboraver said:
(Vista 64 is a pile of *rap !! dont installit as half the drivers dont work !!)

Exactly what myself and many others have been posting for many months on this forum, we don't just say it for fun we say it because it is the truth:cool:

roboraver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-1000D, 60 cm dish
My Location
London
Anyone ? I have programmed the T-Rex now, but where do I enter the serial number for my S!y box ? so that it pairs my valid card with the CAM ?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Go into the Cam menu and click on Settings.

roboraver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-1000D, 60 cm dish
My Location
London
Thanks Micka, just another quick question have just updated to *redator 3.53 and I am checking the *remier package on Astra 19.2 is it suppose to be working ? (When I go into the CAM menu and debug option it shows some information about certain packages under the different encryp, but are they for Astra 19 ??)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Premiere has reverted back to an older encryption, meaning it is only open on the T-Rex super cam 4.6, Diablo cam and Anaconda card.

philengland

Reaction score
reverted back? is that normal for providers to go back to an older encryption method?

roboraver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-1000D, 60 cm dish
My Location
London
OK, this is going to sound very blond, but I have a blue & yellow T-rex Twinmodule (2nd card module on top) powered by Firecrypt (with the access 9 card) Rev 1.0, is this the 4.6 module ?
Thanking you in advanced !

philengland

Reaction score
Mickha said:
Premiere has reverted back to an older encryption, meaning it is only open on the T-Rex super cam 4.6, Diablo cam and Anaconda card.
Its not opening on my T-Rex super cam - and i got the 4.6 (whats the best file for the cam anyway?)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
The twin T-Rex cam is the same as the Dragon 4.1 cam, both these are older versions.
Ihave uploaded a version of Predasaur 213 on sendspace that should work, for T-Rex 4.6 only, remember to do the security update after loading your cam.
_http://www.sendspace.com/file/79lnp3