Newbie Needs Help!

I have just had a technomate reciever installed on a motorised dish, And I subscribe to the ART sports channels. The bloke who fitted it has dissapeared from the face of the planet and left me in Sh*te with the wife. The problem is that when i'm watching a football match on any of the ART channels it regulary freezes and crashes, Then it resets itself. Anyone any idea's why? I haven't a clue.
Cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Which model Technomate is it and are you using a separate CAM? Have you looked to see what signal strength you have on that channel?

If it is a sodtware crash, then reloading an updated version of the software may cure the problem, did the installer supply the receiver as well?

Its A Technomate TM 5500 ci Reciever with a Dragon Cam, The Signal Strength seems to be about 70- 75 %. How do you load an updated version of the software? I'm totally new to all this.

Cheers mate

HALFY69 said:
I have just had a technomate reciever installed on a motorised dish, And I subscribe to the ART sports channels. The bloke who fitted it has dissapeared from the face of the planet and left me in Sh*te with the wife. The problem is that when i'm watching a football match on any of the ART channels it regulary freezes and crashes, Then it resets itself. Anyone any idea's why? I haven't a clue.
Cheers