Newbie needs help.

Stu_Pittwood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this post. If not let me know the appropriate forum & I'll repost.

Firstly let me make one thing clear .... I know nothing!

My wife would like to be able to recieve ABS CBN & TFC (which are on Atlantic Bird 3) and I'd like to get JSTV (which is on hotbird 6 and needs cryptoworks)

is it possible to have a dish pointed at two satellites? what would I need? any info would be much appreciated.

Stu

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yes it's possible. You would either need a DiSEqC 1.2 motor to drive the dish backwards and forwards, or you may get away with a decent dish, two LNB's and a diseqc switch to flip between the two. There is an 18 degree offset between Hotbird at 13E and Atlantic Bird 3 at 5W but there are some dish setups that can bridge that gap with a multi-LNB arm setup. As it's an unusal mix of satellites, some experimentation may be involved, and it will depend on where you are and the footprints of those two birds. In the UK you should have no problem.

Raven and Triax do some good multi LNB setups. Raven have just got their website back up and running. Check it out at www.raven.co.uk

H

Happy-Buddah

Hi BG
Nice to know that Raven have their site up and running again, pity they do not respond to enquiries by emails though.
Regards H-B

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Very true. I believe that it's company policy to save space in the Customer Service department by installing mice but no keyboards.