Newbie, No Signal and Frozen Bits.. :)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
joeuk2000 said:
Well good news.... my system is up and running!! :)

I bought a signal meter and repositioned the dish and within half an hour of "tweaking" I was up and running!!

I've mounted the dish on a concrete fence post on a bracket and post system my mate made for me. See new pics.

http://uk.briefcase.yahoo.com/joeuk20002002 directory: New Satellite Pics

With the dish at a low level it was easy to tweak the dish to get the strongest signal as indicated by the meter. The meter was absolutely key! :) I also had to tweak the elevation angle of the dish too.

I initially lined up the Hotbird LNB in the monoblock and got a signal and was able to download the channels, however then switching to the Astra Satellite I got a 15% signal as before, no picture, nothing :confused

For my system to work.. I had to turn the "C/Ku Switch" to "off", it was previously on tone burst (I thought this tone was used to switch the diseqc switch) I then had to rotate the LNB so that Astra LNB is higher than the Hotbird LNB fixed in the holder. (See pics) Moving this higher I presume focused the signal better and then I was able to download the Astra Channels! Great!!! 600 Free to Air Channels!

Now I've just got to get my head around CAMs!!!

Summing up, the website correctly told me the azimuth and elevation positions of the dish using the longitude and latitude reading given by multimap, this was checked using a mates GPS system. Moral of the story for me was to get a satellite meter and position the dish so that it can be tweaked, perseverance paid off!!!

Many thanks for you previous comments!

Joe :)

Great stuff Joe. It's a pain if things don't go well at first, but now you're up and running, have fun O-Ha

Llew