newbie of newbies

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
... and your proposed dish is too big for the SG2100.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
id recommend a triax 110cm for someone living in ireland.

TWAG

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
if you want a good motor,id recommend the STAB120 over the motek120,the staqb costs a little more but is well worth the investment.

TWAG

sraheens

Reaction score
DREAMBOX DM5620 DIGITAL RECEIVER or would that to complacated it would be really for sport movies c4 bbc etc and would the 120 dish be ok on this system and i dont think would need the v-box with the dreambox or would i ???
thanks lads

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
The 5620 is the same (and nearly as complicated) as the 7000.

Your Dreambox will never be able to get C4, C5 or ITV unless they go free to air.

As for your dish/motor options, you can go one of two ways.

EITHER

a 1.2m dish or larger, and a 36V motor/actuator, plus a VBOX to make it compatible with the Dreambox

OR

a smaller dish (1.1M or smaller) and a diseqc motor. In this case you will not need the VBOX.

BE WARNED. The Dreambox is VERY complicated to set up and use properly.
Only consider it if you are very confident of your ability to make it work.

HTH.

STICK

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
sraheens said:
DREAMBOX DM5620 DIGITAL RECEIVER or would that to complacated it would be really for sport movies c4 bbc etc and would the 120 dish be ok on this system and i dont think would need the v-box with the dreambox or would i ???
thanks lads

Please note, you will not get any of the Sky encrypted channels (sports / movies / ITV / C4 / C5 on a dreambox To get them you MUST have a Sky digibox, and appropriate card.

You would egt the bbc channels as they are fta. :ch1

scrambler

Reaction score
Hi Sraheens. whereabout r u in ireland. I am in Dublin. I have a good FTA technomate 5500d plus which I receive a few encryptied channels. There is a guy who does a few receivers in dublin let me know and i will check what he has.

sraheens

Reaction score
some of these system are only the ones that i could find that i can afford and some of them have ci slots(what does a ci slot give me and where do i get the cards or 2 what are they called)but they dont give me the required information and when i google them i get a lot of dutch or german so i havent a clue

so with a little help of someone i dont want sky just a lot of channels and maybe if i can get them differnet sport films etc. can you hack into getting c4 itv or is there a system other than the skybox to which you would be able to recieve the channels???

KAON XSC320anv Dig.Receiver 2xCI+free-x tv

Manhattan Starlight 2xCI +1xMatrix embedded

KAON KSC570H Digital Receiver 2xCI+HDD prepared

KAON KSC570 Digital Receiver 2xCI

NEOTION NB1000S dig. Rec. + eurocrypt+CI

ID-24E CI DIGITAL RECEIVER

DIGITAL 1200CI 2x CI DIGITAL RECEIVER

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
sraheens said:
Can you hack into getting c4 itv or is there a system other than the skybox to which you would be able to recieve the channels???

Presently they can only be received with a Sky receiver and suitable card - FTA or cancelled Sky subscription card.

ITV are currently negotiating their contract with Sky and may go FTA (like the BBC) but don't count on it.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Heavenly said:
Greetings from Mali, West Africa. I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop and a MR CAM. My laptop is not detecting my cam. Are there files I need to install beforehand? I have XP professional. Any help in this is much appreciated.

tz6hy*caramail.com

Don't hijack a running thread - you have a better chance of a reply by starting a new thread in the relevant section.

sraheens

Reaction score
does anyone know about any of these systems and would they suit a 105cm dish

KAON XSC320anv Dig.Receiver 2xCI+free-x tv

Manhattan Starlight 2xCI +1xMatrix embedded

KAON KSC570H Digital Receiver 2xCI+HDD prepared

KAON KSC570 Digital Receiver 2xCI

NEOTION NB1000S dig. Rec. + eurocrypt+CI

ID-24E CI DIGITAL RECEIVER

DIGITAL 1200CI 2x CI DIGITAL RECEIVER

majimaji

Reaction score
sraheens said:
is my problem that bad that no one what to help an irish man i dont think it is all i am asking for my problem where is the best place to buy online and what system should i get!!!! thanks ever so much if u can help me
Take your time before you decide.Almost all digital receivers come with diseqc 1.2 which means they can drive diseqc motors using lnd cable.This will give you access to alot of satellites as long as you have clear line of site. As regard to BBC channels they are free on Astra 2 and I believe the ITV ,CH4and CH 5 will also become free to air shortly.
If you are thinking of receiving scrambled channels your best bet is to
get a receiver with comman interface .You can buy a cam later. The dish ,do not put less than 1.2m.I hope this wil help you decide. Enjoy the skies and Happy new year to all members

sraheens

Reaction score
i am ready to buy but i hope that sumone can help me choosing a few thing
i am getting a
120 dish with diseqc rotosat
ROTORSAT DISEQC MOTOR CONTR.+REMOTE
coax cable 7mm
alps lnb 0.6db
actuator steering cable 2x2x0.6mm

1 do i need any switch for the rotosat????

MANHATTAN STARLIGHT MX/EMBEDDED MATRIX W/CI SLOT
KAON KSC570 DIGITAL 2x CI DIGITAL RECEIVER
KAON HORNET XSC320 ANC FULLX TV M2 + 2XCI
XTREME XSC-520ANV HORNET RECEIVER 2XCI+SKY(X-TV)

all would suit me but i dont know which is better does anyone have ideas
and finally i have got to choose ci cards to which i dont know where to start really all i want to know am i going the right way with the equipment to have a motorised system,which recevier to get and which ci card would suit also
anyone to help

COMMON INTERFACE IRDETO V1.6COMMON INTERFACE ASTON/SECA V1.05COMMON INTERFACE MEDIAGUARDCOMMON INTERFACE VIACCESSFULL X-TV/VLUE ZETACAM COMMON INTERFACEMATRIX REVOLUTION UCAS COMMON INTERFACEMATRIX REBORN UCAS COMMON INTERFACEXCAM COMMON INTERFACEFREE-X-TV / XTV/ X-DREAM IRDETO 2 YEARFREE-X-TV / XTV/ X-DREAM VIACCESS 2 YEARSCT / EXTASI SECA CARD 1 YEARSCT / EXTASI / LUXURIA CARD IRDETO 1 YEARSPLITTY PLUS (3 RECIEVER ON 1 CARD)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Before we recommend ANYTHING, just EXACTLY what sort of programming / channels do you want to watch? The cams listed in caps at the bottom of the last post are mainly for mature content programming, and the mature content channels vary greatly in content & quality.

If you wnat Sky UK programming, you buy digibox and get a subscription. End of story.

sraheens

Reaction score
what I want is a sh*it load of channels all the fta and some scrambled channels cams to be honest don’t want mature content a lot of channels and these are the systems I have to choose from and I hope that this is all the equipment I need for this application, plus a motorized system
so would anyone know what box above would be a good choice and if i am going the right way in setting up my system,end of story

sraheens

Reaction score
as i was saying does any1 have an idea of which system to choose and am i going in the right way to a motorized system and a few scrambled channels
i am in a hurry on this one lads thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Not having used any of those makes I cannot recommend any of them, (I would have suggested a Technomate or a Fortec myself)

Motorised is the way to go if you want maximum channel choice.

Although if you want something a bit simpler to set up, set a fixed dish on 13E and use a monobloc lnb for 13 / 19E. That would give you getting on for 500 free channels plus an assortment of scrambled stuff with the right kit.

sraheens

Reaction score
ok lads got some problems already got my equipment hot do u go about getting 13e, my dish is up to where its pointing, my reciever is not picking up the sat, theres currant going though to the didh why it isnt picking it up i dont know i have got a sat finder and a disque but i havent connected that yet i just want a few channels at the moment any1 to help me

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need to connect the sat finder at the dish end and slowly pan the dish until the signal rises, this will be signified by a rise in tone on the meter. If you can borrow an old analogue receiver and have a portable TV, it would make life easier.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
sraheens said:
ok lads got some problems already got my equipment hot do u go about getting 13e, my dish is up to where its pointing, my reciever is not picking up the sat, theres currant going though to the didh why it isnt picking it up i dont know i have got a sat finder and a disque but i havent connected that yet i just want a few channels at the moment any1 to help me

As Rolf has said, slowly does it - the dish has to be aligned to within half a degree to get a usable signal. Take a portable tv outside . It will make alignment MUCH easier.