newbie optus b New Zealand Help (please)

rincewind

Reaction score
Website
www.dogfreckle.info
My Location
Manukau New Zealand
I have a telemann skymedia200 card (http://www.telemann.com/products/SkyMedia200.html)
in my Comp (533mhz intel, 256 mb ram). a 90cm dish looking at optus b from Auckland New Zealand.
I got all the frequencys from Lyngsat.com.
(I also have a telemann sm200dpa/n card (http://www.telemann.com/products/SkyMedia200D.html) in the cupboard if needed)
the telemann software works well on the uncrypted chanels (good pics and audio) good lock test,
and ch. scan finds all the stations. but the channels I'm interested in (abc & ch 10 from Australia ) are encoded using irdeto and dvb ??. All I get on them is a blank screen and no audio
I'm not interested in Sky ( crypted in videoguard).
I've downloaded mutlidec and freedvb but neither of them will aknowledge my sat card
I'm pretty green at all this (but trying hard to understand)
Soooo what am i doing wrong
any Ideas
also what do pids and cams do and what is yankse ??????

Rincewind from the antipodes

rincewind

Reaction score
Website
www.dogfreckle.info
My Location
Manukau New Zealand
Big Ted said:
m8

I think that card is not supported.

http://www.progdvb.com/ has plugin for teleman 300 only.

you could try that plugin and see.

Hi big ted
the patch for sm300 does work for sm200.
like i said it works fine on uncrypted channels (thanks to rust (-: )
my problem is decrypting irdeto 1
any suggestions?

rincewind

Rentakill

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.6M Ku Band Orbitron, 3.0M Orbitron C band. 1.2M Ku offset, 1.0M Ku Offset, 90Cm/Moteck Ku, 65Cm Ku Offset, 1.2m Paraclips Hydro C Band Nokia Dbox 9500s, Nokia Dbox2, 2x Dreambox 7020s, Dreambox Dm500s, 2 x Dreambox Dm800 HD, UEC 660, Pace HDi PVR
My Location
Downunder
Hi rincewind..

I'm in New Zealand too.. Just a quik pointer.. you wont be able to receive Ch 7 9 and 10 off any of the Optus b1 B3 or C3 Sats.. Not with your 90Cm anyway.. If you take a look at lyngsats site you see that those Channels are directed at Aussie and are on the Horizontal pol.. As you'll probably have noticed, no Horizontal Signals are available here in Nz.. Only Verticle signals only..
I have managed myself to lock onto Horizontal Signals off C1 (Foxtel) using a 3M Dish.. even then the signal level was only just over threshold of 40%.
As far as getting keys for those services.. you'll probably find it quite tough. Foxtell/Austar have just gone over to Irdeto 2 and NDS encryption. so that prtty much shuts you down for any decrypting etc.. Aurora however is still using Irdeto 1 and 2.. so you still have the choice of that.. Both Aurora packages are currently available from Optus B3 and C1.. Keys can be found for this service, if you talk to the right person.

Cheers : Hope that helps

alnz

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Im also located in newzealand havn't got any thig as yet but wish to know best stuff to by for receiving optus 2 and decoding sky and anthing else thats in english :) any help including where i can pick up decent inexpesive decoders etc and best cam/smartcard to use in my area would be appriciated.

Cheers

K

kalamar

If the Telemann software dont use regular plugins then it will not decrypt anything. You are best to buy a different card that will run the right software,and if you dont plan on upgrading the computer too ,then your choice should be a Nexus-S as it seems to run fine on anything I have tried it on.
I recomend MyTheatre 2.76 and MAYBE the newest version of ProgDVB for software. I think MyTheatre 2.76 is the easiest and most stable ever released for DVB cards, I use it and highly recomend it.Plus its FREE !

rincewind

Reaction score
Website
www.dogfreckle.info
My Location
Manukau New Zealand
alnz said:
Hey Guys, Im also located in newzealand havn't got any thig as yet but wish to know best stuff to by for receiving optus 2 and decoding sky and anthing else thats in english :) any help including where i can pick up decent inexpesive decoders etc and best cam/smartcard to use in my area would be appriciated.

Cheers
hey bud where do you live in NZzzz. I'm in Auckland. PM me with local contact if your in Auckland too, happy to come around and have a play.

Spawn

Reaction score
Hi there hating to sound real dumb and all but im looking for some answers to some qestions...mainly is it actually possible to decode new zealands digital sky? and what sort of price range are we talking and what sort of quality do we get?

oh and is that the big ted i know form gaggles?

Rentakill

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.6M Ku Band Orbitron, 3.0M Orbitron C band. 1.2M Ku offset, 1.0M Ku Offset, 90Cm/Moteck Ku, 65Cm Ku Offset, 1.2m Paraclips Hydro C Band Nokia Dbox 9500s, Nokia Dbox2, 2x Dreambox 7020s, Dreambox Dm500s, 2 x Dreambox Dm800 HD, UEC 660, Pace HDi PVR
My Location
Downunder
Hi there Spawn..

In reply to your question.. No..
At this stage Sky Digital to my knowledge and understanding has not been compromised. If you do a search via pretty much most forrums you will get the general idea that NDS (Sky Digitals Encryption) is currently very secure.
Your best bet would be to Watch Sky Via Tv tuner card off the UHF Service using HVC..

Cheers:

jimmie7856

Reaction score
sm200d does work in 98, I have nz channels as it doesn't scan, also using yanksee you can see sbs off c1

rincewind, you still want those channels etc etc

hardy_marty

Reaction score
spawn,

I saw something of interest for vide*guard and ir*eto 1 and 2. Take a look at this web site and please keep me inform if you see anything of interest.

I'm moving to Brisbane in a few week and I just bought a Nexus-s DVB card. I'd be please to know if there something out there who would be useful againt Sk*TV and its POD encryption scheme(Video*uard).

http://www.lefdata.com/satellite/cam/ci.html