newbie please help

petelusher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+,and various sky digiboxes
My Location
luton,uk
I have a zone 2 ex sky dish 60cm, a sdm-1s rover meter, 2 old sky digiboxes, I want to get fta hotbird channels, is this possible, and using a compass wots the rough direction that it needs to point in and roughly the vertical degree of the dish face, sorry for being really thick but im really looking forward to some new channels, im in luton by the way,

Cheers Pete

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Download the calculator at www.smw.se and put in your coordinates, you can find them at www.heavens-above.com.

This should give you the information you require, you will however only get some of the channels, as the digibox is hobbled to only a couple of symbol rates.

petelusher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
luton,uk
Thanks for that I will try it tomorrow, as for the meter is it any good for other sats apart from skys,

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If it is a dedicated Sky meter, then it is not too useful, but if you can set it to other satellites, then yes, should be useful, have only seen the terrestrial version.

petelusher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
luton,uk
still no joy im afraid i cant find instructions for the meter anywhere to change it of the sky settings, as the those website they were a great help thanks, but i need to by a cheap reciever as the sky ones I have wont pick anything up