Newbie Programming gold wafer cards

C

chief

x(Hi to all on the forum - I have searched in vain - honest!

Could anyone help me please? I have a few questions .......
I have bought a PCB 105 programmer from IBC France with two photocopied pages of instructions that are, to my
eyes, scant - to say the least. I live in France and would like to programme a gold card to receive Canal+ and - if it is possible some good old British TV. I am using a Nokia mediamaster 9800s with an aston 1,4 (I think this is the correct N°) cam. I have one dish pointed on Hotbird for TPS and the other on Astra 2b where I pick up ITV2, ITV news and some other rubbish programmes. When searching with the Nok I have a ton of UK progs that are listed including BBC, ITV etc. Is it possible to pick these up in france?
I have downloaded a lot of progs to programme my card but haven't got a clue how to 'edit mosc files, hex and bin files' let alone update keys - I'm swimming - can anyone throw me a line... please???
I have tried following the instructions that came with the PCB 105 - loading the pic with NTPICPROG, then doin the stuff with the EEPROM with Phoenix, but it always throws back an error when it valifdates the card with an addressing error. I then try to continue with NTPICPROG and run to the receiver and get nothing. I must get it right by Saturday as there is a big match - Toulouse against Stade Français and it's sold out - and then there's the Six nations - please help... please

Chief
:-(

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm not conversant with your programmer Chief, but I would think that similar rules apply with the methodology. Normally with a two step programmer the Eeprom is programmed first, then the Pic, some software has it's own loader other software requires a through pic loader for the Eeprom.

I'm afraid whatever you do you won't get any more Sky from your existing setup, you need a Sky Digibox and an official card. ITV 2 is probably a temporary aberation, I believe that it will be encrypted shortly.

Rolf

C

chief

Hi Rolfw

Thanks for the info but I have followed the instructions on the 'packet' but to no avail. I keep getting the message that there are addressing errors at a certain point.
Would it be useful to anyone if I scanned the drawing of the PCB and the nomenclature? - perhaps a kindly techy could then understand what I am gibbering on about!

Chief :-(

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 18-Jan-02 AT 08:32 PM (GMT)]Chief, if you post a link to the programmer software download, we can take a look at it and see if we can sort out where you're going wrong.

Rolf

C

chief

Hi Rolf
Thanks for your patience and your kindness.
I have looked for the link of the programmers software download and couldn't find it so I am enclosing it as an attachment to this message.
Thanks again - look forward to someones advice

Chief

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
I've had a look at the instructions and it seems that you must install a loader first. The loader is installed on the pic chip to allow data to pass through to the Eeprom. To be sure that the loader is programmed correctly on the pic you should programme the pic without CP (code protect). Then try to read it. If you see all '0000; something is wrong. what do you get?

If this is ok there is a chance that the loader is no good. Try a different loader . I guess that your using the Pic 16F84?
Try this one http://www.volny.cz/eremy1/jak_na_to/software/WinPhoenix_Loader.zip

If the loader is installed ok Winphoenix should program the Eeprom without a problem as long as the correct cables are connected and the programmer settings are correct..

nobbly :+