engine tuner

www.morspeed.co.uk
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate HD80 MC CI
80cm motorised dish
My Location
leicestershire
I have a tecnomate TM8000 with a 80cm motorised dish, now i can get all the FTA s*y channels no problem up untill around 6pm?

then channels like ITV2, ITV4 channel 'U', the hits, horror channel and a few others just break up and become un watchable, it seems to do it every night after 6pm,
Does the signal become weak at all? or do i need a stronger LNB?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It could be one of several things, but without more information it is difficult to work out which it is. :)
Does the signal come back shortly after 6pm and what signal strength before and after is the receiver showing on these channels?

Are the satellites either side of 28.2E giving a good 24hr signal?

engine tuner

www.morspeed.co.uk
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate HD80 MC CI
80cm motorised dish
My Location
leicestershire
28.2E? im on 19.2E, the signal strenth is 68% & quality is 70% all day, then around 6pm EVERY night it drops to signal strenth 68% & quality 13% (it constantly flicks up and down) which means i lose the above said channels?

I have tried 28.2E but couldnt get all the FTA s*y channels?

P.S the system was proffesionaly installed and i didnt seem to have any problems when i was using my cheap £100 FTA reciver, only since ive up-graded to the tecnomate?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, but you are not watching ITV2 and ITV4 on Astra 19.2, they are on 28.2.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
plug the other reciever back in and see what happens as your sure its not a problem with the new reciever ?

also are you picking up other satellites ok, as it could be the dish needs a little tweak or something ?

engine tuner

www.morspeed.co.uk
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate HD80 MC CI
80cm motorised dish
My Location
leicestershire
Now im lost then?

the reciver has all the sats pre-programmed in, all i do is more the dish east or west till i get the best signal then press channel search, it says searching Astra1B 19.2E, i was sure it gave me ITV2 & ITV4 up untill 6pm?

Also if i keep the dish moving a little further west i get another load of channels which include MTV, eurosport, in german.

So am i right in saying swing the dish west and get MTV etc... on 19.2E
and use 28.2 to get all the FTA s*y channels?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You need to do a bit of reading up on the system you have, what make and model of motor is it and does is have USALS or GotoX?

Go to www.lyngsat.com and look at what is available on the different satellites, start with Astra 28.2 East, then 19.2 East, then Hotbird 13 East, best to print the lists out, as t makes it easier to identify which one you are on.

If your motor is USALS compatible, then you should be able to reset to "0" and then once you've found one satellite, the others should fall into place.

engine tuner

www.morspeed.co.uk
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate HD80 MC CI
80cm motorised dish
My Location
leicestershire
Hi,

Yes it it USALS with gotoX,

Now ive done what you said and i now have all the channels listed on 19.2E, 28.2E & 28.5 (although i never searched 28.5???). but i still have this sticking picture that follows with a 'click' sound on some channels?
mostly ITV2, ITV4, chart show, extreme sports, the vault. even though signal is now 78% and quality 65%.

I have even tried fine moving the dish one point each way to see if it helps, but after 3-4 tweaks i lose picture/quality completley.

engine tuner

www.morspeed.co.uk
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate HD80 MC CI
80cm motorised dish
My Location
leicestershire
OK,

After looking at www.lyngsat.com it would seem all the channels giving me the problem are on Eurobird1,
now my sytem only pre-set scaned for channels on 28.2E even though it has picked up all the eurobird1 channels.

So im i right saying i could be 'in between' 28.2 & 28.5

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
They are colocated, so a little adjustment of the dish in the motor menu should produce a better signal, just set to one of the troubled transponders and use the East/West buttons to adjust and save the new position.. All of the ITV channels are on Astra 2D, not Eurobird, but they should all storm in with an 80cm dish in Leicestershire.

engine tuner

www.morspeed.co.uk
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate HD80 MC CI
80cm motorised dish
My Location
leicestershire
Thought i had cracked it, But it seems i have not.

On 28.2E most of the TPs have 62% x 60% all but the odd 3, if i use one of the low signal TP's and move the dish east or west i can get a good 55% signal but then lose the picture on all the channels? seems i can only search for channels on TP 10744.

Now its started to rain and ive lost BBC1 and a few other channels completley.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Although the signal strength meters on receivers are not calibrated and only give an approximate figure, I would expect your setup to get better figures if the dish was following the correct arc, what is it like on 30W?

engine tuner

www.morspeed.co.uk
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate HD80 MC CI
80cm motorised dish
My Location
leicestershire
OK,
Ive plugged my ariel coax lead into my old S*Y+ box and its the same, No BBC1 in the rain, and no ITV2, ITV4, Channel U etc....just keeps sticking and clicking the picture.
The S*Y+ box says good signal (over half way) and locked in the menu.

engine tuner

www.morspeed.co.uk
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate HD80 MC CI
80cm motorised dish
My Location
leicestershire
Right, this is crazy and you will see why im pulling my hair out.

I have switched back to my tecnomate now, and it was the same as before and the s*y+ box, BUT it has just stoped raining and the sun is starting to come out and hey !!! i now have BBC1, ITV2, ITV4 etc... perfect picture.

So it would seem the channels in question loose there quality when it rains or is windy.
Im sorry for all this questions but i really am at a lost end here, i have had the S*Y full package for as long as its been around untill a few months ago when i cancelled it all and decided to start my 'dish hobby'
Im begining to wonder if i should just E-bay all my gear and go back to S*Y, My new dish was proffesionaly installed for £350, i bought a good (i think) reciver tecnomate TM8000 HD80 MC CI so i can record like my S*Y+ box and still i cannot get the channels you can pick up in the loft with a normal ariel.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
An 80cm dish pointing at Astra 28.2 connected to a Sky+ box should give full signal in the bar display and quality should be high as well.

If the dish is accessible, try slightly tilting the dish upwards and see if the strength and quality improves, then downwards. If it improves by doing either of these, the arc will need adjusting.

engine tuner

www.morspeed.co.uk
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate HD80 MC CI
80cm motorised dish
My Location
leicestershire
First i would like to say a big thanks to Rolfw,

Now i will try and explain what seems to have happened.
When up on the ladder to try Rolfw's advice, i noticed 2 of the cable tacks had pulled away from the wall, after investigating & moving the dish east it seems the coax lead is too short being tacked and as the dish was turning east it has pulled on the coax and bent the aluminium pole (through stain) which holds the dish, i have taken the tacks out of the wall so the cable is free and pushed 'up' on the pole till it bent back into position and square to the wall, i have not altered any of the settings of arc etc..

Now i have 90% signal and 78% quality and ALL the channels back!!
Lets hope they stay when it rains.

Thankyou.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Crumbs, that must have been some force, I would change the mast for a steel one, what diameter is the existing one?

engine tuner

www.morspeed.co.uk
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate HD80 MC CI
80cm motorised dish
My Location
leicestershire
its a 50mm alloy pole, but it was the plate that bolts to the wall which had buckled, it only looks to be 2mm thick and just pushing lightly on the pole you can see the plate flex.

So i may get it changed for a steel one and up-grade to a 1.2m dish now the law has changed,
What will i gain in doing this?

engine tuner

www.morspeed.co.uk
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate HD80 MC CI
80cm motorised dish
My Location
leicestershire
And yes im going to call the installer and tell him !!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Best bracket for a small motorised systems is a set of T&K brackets, with a steel 2" pole minimum, a short length of scaffolding pole is even better. The guidelines now say 1m max without planning, this would help you out on some satellites where you might otherwise struggle.

Can you provide us with a photo?