Newbie questions !!!

ColBo

Reaction score
I have just puchased a full system - 1m motorised dish, technomate reciever, dragon cam etc.. I got it to replace sky digi and their ridiculous prices !! - I am unsure what I will recieve on the new system, what are the good movie channels, what about pay per view boxing bouts ?? What about all the discovery channels that are on sky - will i recieve them ?? Is there a website will a channel listing ??? - and also what about (ahem) "adult channels" - I have seen irdeto cams do these provide all the decryption to access most of the adult channels or do you need to also buy one of the adults carrds ??? can anyone help ??? - Thanks in advance !!

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The one thing I would say ColBo, is prepare yourself for the odd bout of wailing and gnahing of teeth from the wife and kids (if you have them) when the providers change keys, some of the most watchable channels are prone to this. This is one of the reasons why I never recommend this type of system as a replacement for the regular subscription.

What does the etc after Dragon cam include?

We do have our own what's On section lower down the forum, this should give you an idea of what to look for.