Newbie questions

Cheekykid

My Satellite Setup
Wave Frontier T90
Dreambox 7020S-Gemini 4.10
8 lnb's
My Location
London
Am in London and am interested in viewing Hotbird 13,Astra 19.2 and Hellas sat 39(http://www.hellas-sat.net/index.php?cat=121). I want to ask 1)if the Dreambox 500S is irdeto compatible and if it is a good choice.Also 2)how big the dish should be for reception without problems? 3)Am I going to be able to put it on the side of the house or it has to be on the top? 4) Better to have 3 Lnb's or moter? Many Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You could probably do all three on a 90cm Raven Gemini, but it isn't an ideal setup, probably better with a motor and an 80 or 90cm dish. I'm not sure how the 500 copes with Irdeto cards.

Cheekykid

My Satellite Setup
Wave Frontier T90
8 lnb's
My Location
London
Anyone knows more info on the 500s? Also do you have any idea how much it usually costs to have a technician install the whole thing for you?

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
London is normally a little more expensive than elsewhere in the country, but I guess that you will probably have to pay around £120, possibly more, you can do it yourself, there is lots of help available here. :)

Cheekykid

My Satellite Setup
Wave Frontier T90
8 lnb's
My Location
London
Can someone tell me a good receiver that can handle good irdeto 2 cards? how about dreambox?

Cheekykid

My Satellite Setup
Wave Frontier T90
8 lnb's
My Location
London
i was told from a technician that i shouldnt have a moter with digital channels coz it wont work satisfactory coz digital channels are more sensitive to dish movement.He also told me that i cant have 1 dish to be able to watch these 3 satellites as Hellas sat is far from the other 2. O-noI dont know what to do or to believe O-no

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well I guess that you can add that installer to the list of ones not to use, as he obviously knows diddley squat and is prone to bullshit.

As I said earlier, it is not ideal, but it is not impossible to receive all three on a single dish, his comments on motors and digital channels are absolute tosh and not even worthy of a reply.

Cheekykid

My Satellite Setup
Wave Frontier T90
8 lnb's
My Location
London
I finally managed to get hold of a 1.1 Triax.I would like to ask which the best or one of the best twin output LNB and what motor should I use.I spare no expense.I want to have most of the things prior to getting someone to install the equipment for me.I want to make sure that he won't $ucker me into buying his own things.