Newbie-Quick help required pleaase

touchingcloth

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi...I'm thinking about purchasing a Dreambox 7000s. Am I right in thinking that I won't need Dragoncam or card thereby saving money?

Thanks in advance :)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
touchingcloth said:
Hi...I'm thinking about purchasing a Dreambox 7000s. Am I right in thinking that I won't need Dragoncam or card thereby saving money?

Correct, the CAMs etc can be emulated in the software

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
touchingcloth said:

Thanks in advance :)

You will need to put in some hours getting it set up. Read TG Idiots guide to give you an idea whats ahead. When its set up its fun, you`ll see what I mean.

touchingcloth

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks,....I can't wait. I'm gonna buy my Dreambox tomorrow. It comes with built in Dreamcrypt. Any idea what this is?

John, I notice that you have a 1m dish. I was gonna go for th 80 cm. Does the extra 20cm get much more channels/feeds?

Thanks

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
touchingcloth said:
Thanks,....I can't wait. I'm gonna buy my Dreambox tomorrow. It comes with built in Dreamcrypt. Any idea what this is?

John, I notice that you have a 1m dish. I was gonna go for th 80 cm. Does the extra 20cm get much more channels/feeds?

Thanks
Not much more than my friends, he has 88cm. I get better signal than he gets though.

touchingcloth

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
john_graydon said:
Not much more than my friends, he has 88cm. I get better signal than he gets though.

Gone and bought it all in person. 7000s, 88cm dish, motor, 120 HH Rotor, Golden Interstar single 0.3 LNB.

Getting installed on Saturday. Reminds me of Xmas eve....present all wrapped up but can't open it. 5 more days!!!!!!!!!!1

Any ideas for anyone prep work/ reading that I can do?????????

Wanna buy a HD now. Does anyone agree with the HDs recommened by dreambox?

The 5400rpm makes sense (less heat emission)....However, I'm not to sure about all this specially prepared/designed Hard Drives which come with the HD model of the 7000s

I hope the tree outside my house doesn't affect the signal !

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
touchingcloth said:
Gone and bought it all in person. 7000s, 88cm dish, motor, 120 HH Rotor, Golden Interstar single 0.3 LNB.

Getting installed on Saturday. Reminds me of Xmas eve....present all wrapped up but can't open it. 5 more days!!!!!!!!!!1

Any ideas for anyone prep work/ reading that I can do?????????

Wanna buy a HD now. Does anyone agree with the HDs recommened by dreambox?

The 5400rpm makes sense (less heat emission)....However, I'm not to sure about all this specially prepared/designed Hard Drives which come with the HD model of the 7000s

I hope the tree outside my house doesn't affect the signal !

TC, we all hope you get lots of pleasure out of your purchase and are soon passing tips on to us.

Your tree will only be a problem if it is standing somewhere in an arc from about SE to SW when viewed from where your dish is, AND, depending on where you live (entering a location in yr profile helps) that the height of the tree ABOVE the level of your dish is less than about 60% of the horizontal distance to the dish. But your installer, if a pro, should be able to sort that out.
There are no hdds 'designed' for the DB, just a list of recommended hdds by the DB manufacturer. I dont think its like soap powder for a washing machine, so I'd pay attention to what the dreambox Co suggest.