newbie seeks help with dragon card & echostar 2110 2ci

takis13

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I've bought a dragon cam & loader card with a serial smartcard programmer but i can't get it to work....
I followed the instructions (set the reader to 6Mhz phoenix mode and the card seems to be programmed ok with no error messages)
But when i insert the cam with the card in my receiver (model echostar dsb 2110 2ci (firmware 800)) eventhough it recognizes the cam i get a message saying :"card does not contain a valid image..".
Does this mean that the card is not programmed ok, or it has something to do with incompatibility issues of the dragon and the receiver???.

FYI i've read in the forum that a user has the same model with me and had no problems with the dragon.
I've also tried programming the fun7 dragon card with the alternate method and i got no errors.

any help or suggestions i more than welcome.
Thanks......

pacman42

Reaction score
Basically your card isn't programing properly.
What programmer are you using? If it's a Elvis loader, you need ver 1.8 software.

loftyj

Reaction score
Hi takis13
There is no incompatability between the Ecohstar 2110 and Dragon. It might pay you to go to the Echostar site echostar-int.com and update your reciver to ESV32CI 900.
What software are you using as paceman42 says it looks as if your card is not programmed properly.I have predator 2.17 on mine no trouble.

takis13

Reaction score
first of all thanks for the replies.

Loftyj you were the user i mentioned above with the same receiver as mine ;)

If i'm not mistaken echostar does not support ota firmware upgrade for 2110 anymore so i'll have to do it myshelf or get it done from a retailer...

The guys i've bought dragon from gave me the Argolis rs232 smartcard reader with cardpro v2.0.0.2 and multipro software.

I've also downloaded cardpro v2.0.1.2 software but still nothing.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong.Do you think i should use dragonloader.exe or cardpro for the programming?
If i use cardpro, do i load Fun7ldr.hex in flash memory and predator***.bin in exernal EEPROM only,or do i load predator***.bin also in internal EEPROM???
(By the way when i try to load it i get a message that the file is too big, if i ignore it the procedure continues normally and i get a message saying that the card is programmed Ok.)Finally i also mention that i use multipro before loading the files to switch the reader to phoenix 6 MHZ mode....
Thanks again....

loftyj

Reaction score
HI takis13
For detailed instructions, please consult your user manual or the instructions as available from the product support area.

Software updates via RS-232 (Internet)

A software upgrade via RS-232 requires some tools. The required tools are a so-called Null-modem cable and a dedicated program to load the software into the receiver. The program, to download the software in the receiver, is free-of-charge available from our web site.

In the software information header, click the Utilities and download the required file. The Null-modem cable can be obtained from your dealer or local computer shop.
The above is a copy taken from the Echostar web sight am trying to think back to the only time I did it this way, you go to web sight support, downloads, and are asked to register. you then enter site download software required put mine into folder and called it Echostar.
The null modem cable female/female (I think all pins connected no crossovers but would not swear to this, better check what you require to connect direct from computer to reciver.) then follow instructions for down load. Problem is I had to get son to clear hard disc not long ago, so lost all the infomation and memory like me is getting old and addled, Marked cable and put away somware safe and unable to find same to check.
Not able to help with your programmer as I have only ever used Dynamite and with that you only change to 6mhz tell it to load preditor and let it get on with it.
Have you remembered once you have inisiated the cam you have to turn the reciver off at the mains on the wall then on again then remove the card.
Do a search of forum to see if anyone has the same programmer as you. If not try downloading Preditor software.

loftyj

Reaction score
Hi taks13
If you download predator 2.27 software once you have unzipd you will find the file How To this tells you just how you load the dragon card.
Told you I was getting old unable to remember simple things like that.

alpashm

Reaction score
i get this as well, i turn of my box on and off then goto the cam section then it will ask you do you want to load it, use dragon loader u cant go wrong

takis13

Reaction score
Thanx loftyj, i've upgraded my receiver (i had a cable somewhere and it was easiest than i thought .So now i have firmware 900.)
I've tried almost anything and it did't work so i sent the card back to get it programmed from the guys who sold it to me (hopefully it would be back tomorrow) and i'll try to solve the problem in the future when i upgrade the predator firmaware....
Finally just to clear one thing: After i programm the card i turn off the receiver
from the back button (having it put first to a FTA channel), i insert the CAM with the loader card inside, i turn on the receiver, i go to the CI menu and programm the cam ?(at least that's what it says in the how to file).

If it doesn't see the card what to do? Try to turn the receiver off from the back button and then on again,or to try to remove and reinsert the card with the receiver on till it sees the card???

once more thanks everybody for the interest and suggestions...

loftyj

Reaction score
Hi takis13
Way I do it is as follows
Load card with preditor. Take cam out of reciver and put reciver on FTA channel to be certain look to make sure somthing is showing. insert card into cam then cam into reciver. Go to menu and load cam into reciver, when told loaded take 5min: or so switch off reciver at wall I tend to pull the plug. switch on again remove card from cam. and go to encripted station you know should open just to check everything is ok. Then wait for the providers to change somthing then do it all over again.
Welcom to the hoby of sat: hunting, found the Man united game just going through the stations.

takis13

Reaction score
hi loftyj

sorry to bother you once more.
I have 1-2 questions to ask....
Finally i had the cam programmed by my retailer with predator 2.27
but once again i can't upgrade (again the not valid image card message...).
So i figured since i'm doing everything ok it's either the loader card that has a problem or the programmer.

Just to make sure there's not a compatibility problem between echostar 2110 and the card i'd like to ask you what type of dragon loader card you have?
Do you have the fun7 dragon loader card ? (that's the one i have)
If it works ok with your receiver then it's the programmer problem and i'll have it replaced before it drives me mad...

Thanks again....

loftyj

Reaction score
Hi takis13

Think I may know what the problem is and may be able to help if you can answer the following questions.

1, I your loader card marked as follows Fun 7........Dragon
Loader Card.
or just fun 7.

2, When you say set the reader to 6MGh phoenix mode, do you do this befor or after you have put card in programmer.

3, When in programmer is the card auto detected or do you have to tell programmer what card you are using.

ianl

Reaction score
takis,hope this helps after trying a few times to
programme card finally got it to work using this
method using dynamite.

Click Prog on Dynamite interface

1.select card(in my case Prussian Galaxy 5)
2.click on Erase
3Select Flash
EEprom1
EEprom2
load the 3 together not one at a time(ignore internal eeprom)
4select Write (done)exit

5 interface again click on OS then Dragon
and load firmware!
As I say someone can clear up any errors but it worked
this time for me using above,hope it helps m8

loftyj

Reaction score
Hi
Hope this will help some members.
HOW TO PROGRAM DRAGON CARD USING DYNAMITE PROGRAMMER AND DRAGON LOADER CARD.

1) Make a new folder, called my one Dragon
2) Go to WWW.Durolabs.com. downloads, dragon cam.
3) download Jungodrivers 622 zip file
4) download Dynamite_set up 2.6. zip file
5) unzip both into same folder
The drivers should now be on your computer in the correct place, and a shortcut called Dynamite 2.6 into your start menu.
6) download the latest predator 2.29 and unzip into same folder
Once all are uzipped you should find one read me and one how to files

To Program Card
Connect programmer to USB port on computer.
Click on Dynamite in start menu and it should produce a dynamite home page, with a message saying Dynamite connected.
7) click Phoenix icon and change to phoenix at 6MHz
8) insert loader card into cam
* click << at top of page will take you back to home page
9) click on OS CARD this will give you page with M2, DRAGOM, TITANIUM, PENTA, KNOT, PLATINUM.
10) click on DRAGON this will bring up Dragon loader card program
11) in firmware at bottom of page open dragon folder and and enter predator2.29.dra
12) click on write to dragon loader card at top and the card should now load.

takis13

Reaction score
Ok just to close the subject.
After having tried almost everything i returned the #$%^#$^ programmer back and got the usb infinity phoenix.
I connected the programmer, loaded dragonloader & predator 2.31 and presto!!!!
Everything works perfectly....

So i'd like to thank everbody for the suggestions and wish you a good day.....